Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. I found it strange how there wasn't even a whiff of a rumour before all of a sudden we were in for him.

I think that the club still see Sterling as the long term prospect, but realise he needs to develop and learn and maybe the weight of expectation has got to him a bit.

Here you go Raheem, here is an experienced, Full International wide player who can score goals. He'll take the pressure off and play some games but in the mean time, Pay Attention, cos this is how its done.
Raheem the fairly experienced full international with twice as many caps wide player who actually scored the same amount as Nolito last season, whats he going to learn, how to be older, how not to get your career going until you 26
Good signing but hmmmm on the raheem to learn something from him

Pogba's finishing is terrible.. 124 shots to get his 8 goals in SerieA last season.. By comparison Sterling scored 6 from 52 shots and he's apparently the worst finisher in the world.

That's all very well and good but, leaving Sterling aside for a moment, Pogba has shown infinitely more talent than 23 year old Yaya had.

In fact, by his age, Yaya had scored 11 competitive goals; Pogba has got at least 9 in each of his last three seasons.

Different players in different roles but both operating from deep in central midfield. I have absolutely no doubt that Pogba could easily hit those same figures if utilised the same way Yaya was for that one season.

Pogba's finishing is terrible.. 124 shots to get his 8 goals in SerieA last season.. By comparison Sterling scored 6 from 52 shots and he's apparently the worst finisher in the world.

I wouldn't even bother, people on here persist on comparing him to Yaya.

That's all very well and good but, leaving Sterling aside for a moment, Pogba has shown infinitely more talent than 23 year old Yaya had.

In fact, by his age, Yaya had scored 11 competitive goals; Pogba has got at least 9 in each of his last three seasons.

Different players in different roles but both operating from deep in central midfield. I have absolutely no doubt that Pogba could easily hit those same figures if utilised the same way Yaya was for that one season.

Yaya was more of a defensive mid player at that point, Pogba is much more of an attacking midfielder and has always been that.

In my opinion he will never reach the heights of Yaya but we shall find out over time.

29 years old? Dont want to sound negative and I truely hope he does well for us, but not exactly and inspiring signing or one for the future is it? I mean its the same with Vardy, good player but would anyone want him at 29? No I wouldnt neither and he's played a big part in winning the League with Leicester while this chaps been playing for a mid table team for the past 4 years. meh signing
I hate these criticisms of players who people have hardly seen and not seen in the system we are going to play him in.
I'm going to carefully wait , see how Pep plays him watch him carefully in his first game and then slag him off.

well if he brings the 12 goals and 60 chances created from last season at Celta Vigo with him then he'll be a good addition. Needs to keep the ball better mind.

Someone who keeps the ball vs someone who can put it in the net... Hmmm.

Navas vs Nolito? I know who I'd rather have.

Ask Leicester fans if they'd rather have had more possession last season.

I fully understand Pep will demand ball retention, but I don't imagine he'll be telling an attacking player off for a couple of loose passes if they're scoring goals/creating chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.