North Stand Construction Discussion

Everton have dropped a huge bollock with the capacity. Just build it 75k with the top level shut if needs be. What’s the point in building it too small when demand will be there for the big games?

Everton will find out if the demand is still there in the Championship.

PS.

It will be.

Big club, big fan base, new stadium, new opposing teams mostly beatable, new away fans and a better atmosphere, probable promotion with the same players, with a better manager.

View attachment 66699
This is what is needed at the New North Stand an expanded second tier with no corporate boxes at all, an elevated first tier that is all safe standing, this section should be full of city answer to " Ashburton Army" the second tier should be the cheapest section in the ground as someone said £25.00 a ticket to encourage more fans.

Inside the new North Stand, it has to be a copy of Spurs South Stand with a goalline bar and food markets

Pep has been spot-on about the atmosphere

As someone said Arsenal used to have a crap atmosphere but they now have the Ashburton Army which help creates noise for the rest of the stadium, the new North Stand needs to do the same for City. Yes that does include some banging a drum

The stand is about right, bar the sides going further out and curving inwards to the CBS and ES.

Typical of their post-lockdowns and pre-Klopp-moans atmospheres.

After Klopp had a proper few moans at them in 2015 and 2016 about leaving early and him feeling lonely and them being quiet, they sorted themselves out. Thought their atmospheres were the best around from 2017-2020. That coïncided with them getting Mane-Firmino-Salah and playing exciting footy.

Leeds hold that title of best atmosphere now though, while Liverpool have returned to their old overrated selves.

It was as quiet there today for 90 minutes as it was in the first 45 at City on Thursday and our games with Everton and Brentford.

FFP & the Taylor report were great excuses for hammering the fans on pricing.

It's too easy these days to put a quid or two on a ticket rather than going out and finding another sponsor.

I luckily get VFM in SS3 but would love to still be down in 117 however, I was priced out of that area as level 3 opened as were many in there. A good 40-50% of fans around me were moving when SS3 opened.

As it is now and I know it's through choice through moving house, my travelling costs have gone from a 10 mile round trip by either car or tram to a 90-100 mins drive adding around £30 to my 'matchday experience'.

If I didn't have a S/C without question I'd be no longer attending @ £100 all-in.

A bit sidetracked there but, City need to look after local fans, SS3 worked for me & others but isn't perfect. We have one last chance to sort the situation out with the NS as I fear otherwise in a few years time there really will be empty seats...it only needs a bit of raggy success, a city fall off when Pep goes along with a pro rag media and any tourist slack will be off to the swamp quicker than you could say 6-1.

Whilst I appreciate your comments and your the type of fan I like and no doubt loyal (probably not watching the whole game through your phone and taking selfies).

I have to back the club on sponsors, we have the highest commercial revenue in world football, we top the turnover whilst having a lower matchday revenue.

So we’re probably maxing our sponsors whilst struggling to bring in matchday revenue, due to capacity, cost of tickets, lack of hospitality.

I look at those figures and I think the exec’s see them and would say keep up the good work on sponsors but see what we can do to close the gap on hospitality.

This results in extra areas being given to hospitality, ensuring at capacity for all games, increasing capacity and unfortunately increase in ticket prices (season ticket and day).

These need to be matched with the costing as to what people are willing to pay and also as Pep alludes to getting the right type of fan to create at atmosphere (although doubt this has been considered by the money men).

This is clearly what happens at football clubs and not just City, but we are by far not the worst and have done more on sponsors then all the others.

Of course its viable. You could knock £20 off every single matchday ticket sold for league games and it would reduce our turnover by about 0.6% and reduce our profit by 10%.
It's more than 12.50% on our attendances, I'd love lower prices but tell me what business would loose money when the don't need to ? United also have season ticket policy that you need to enrole without an option for all FA Cup
and Eoropean games it's not optional so can quite easily make up their percentag loss of about 7% on this !

It's more than 12.50% on our attendances, I'd love lower prices but tell me what business would loose money when the don't need to ? United also have season ticket policy that you need to enrole without an option for all FA Cup
and Eoropean games it's not optional so can quite easily make up their percentag loss of about 7% on this !
Nearly all companies lose money they dont 'need' to through for example CSR, they do it because of the bigger picture. Just like city should do with ticket prices.

Never said it was. Just added that as I couldn’t think of anything else that might tip the balance in our favour. :-(

We don’t know if the hotel is inside or outside the hotel. A big plus for the dignitaries, etc to be able stay inside or next to the stadium.

I’m also minded to go for Everton. What another coup that would be for Liverpool after getting the Eurovision Song Contest as well.

I think capacity will win out in the end. Old Trafford offers ‘20,000’ more seats than Everton’s new ground, and 10,000 more seat than the expanded Etihad.

Not the clearest zoom in screen grab.

You can just make out the new roof trusses. Black metal, sqaure, X shaped internal supports, next to the concrete core.

View attachment 66698
I understand but I don't think any dignitaries would stay in a hotel near the stadium, they will fly back to a probable Knightsbridge 5 star Base.

I would think Everton will get the shout for no other reason than their stadium is shiny and new and because dipper land is the Centre of the world.

You don't lose money long-term by filling 6000+ additional and affordable seats. You lose money by not filling 6000 additional and expensive seats.

What we all have to remember. When the North stand expansion is finished in 3 years time, if it starts and is completed on schedule, unless Pep extends his contract again, which I can't see that happening, he won't be here to see the expanded North stand full with 6000+ extra City fans. Let's hope Haaland is still here and City convince him to sign an extension to his current contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.