North Stand Construction Discussion

Maybe Ric, the Mods, and Blue Moon can come up with a set of separate questions including seperate polls relating to the North stand expansion and what the fans would like in to see implemented in the run up to the public consultation.

Over to Ric and the Mods. Thanks :-)

Some examples.

1.Safe standing on level 1 or level 2.
2.Removal of the digital boards and digital flags on level 2 to be replaced by banners and flags.
3. A new singing section located at the front, the middle or the back of the tier.
So on.

I don't know or care about alleged conspiracies what I do know is having experienced the atmosphere in all our home games when I re-live it later on TV, either BBC or Sky or BT the crowd noise is much lessened on the broadcast than it was at the game seemingly more so when the atmosphere has been particularly good. I distinctly remember the Villa home game from last season and being aware it was fucking rocking at the game. WHen i watched it later to enjoy the win again the noise was muted and nothing special, completely neutered you might say. Make of that what you will.

I don't know or care about alleged conspiracies what I do know is having experienced the atmosphere in all our home games when I re-live it later on TV, either BBC or Sky or BT the crowd noise is much lessened on the broadcast than it was at the game seemingly more so when the atmosphere has been particularly good. I distinctly remember the Villa home game from last season and being aware it was fucking rocking at the game. WHen i watched it later to enjoy the win again the noise was muted and nothing special, completely neutered you might say. Make of that what you will.
There is a 317 page thread on this site about how shit the atmosphere is.

The reason the sound is quiet on tv is that 3 stands make no noise whatsoever.
The one stand that does make a noise has 3 sections sporadically singing different songs that cannot hear each other due to the diabolical acoustics in the stadium.

The idea the production teams of 5 different sports broadcasters have got together to form a pact to sabotage the volume at City home games is lunacy, especially when we know how poor the atmosphere is every week.

The one stand that does make a noise has 3 sections sporadically singing different songs that cannot hear each other due to the diabolical acoustics in the stadium.

The idea the production teams of 5 different sports broadcasters have got together to form a pact to sabotage the volume at City home games is lunacy, especially when we know how poor the atmosphere is every week.

Its funny though how that the acoustics are good for away fans in cup games or when we have a big game ourselves.

I think the real problem is singers being split up into different areas (as you say) more than anything else. Along with of course working class fans being priced out over time.

Sniff, sniff, sniff

AC Milan have got a great setup.

Curva South.

The AC Milan Ultras have Level 2.

The main Ultras are now more organised, they wear black, and they have expanded their support and the Ultra area on Curva South

View attachment 67578

View attachment 67579

View attachment 67580

Imagine a similar banner hanging over level 2.

NORTH STAND - MANCHESTER
Love the steepness of it. Even at the back you’re not mikes away from the pitch.

Its funny though how that the acoustics are good for away fans in cup games or when we have a big game ourselves.

I think the real problem is singers being split up into different areas (as you say) more than anything else. Along with of course working class fans being priced out over time.
Nothing to do with acoustics, the atmosphere at the stadium is stunning at times but football particularly at our level has become a middle class sport, hence the lack of atmosphere and let's not kid ourselves this is just a problem for us, the same could be said for most clubs in the Prem'.

Also aggressive stewarding and the woke culture of "people" offended by any sort of rival chanting is killing the spectacle.

Nothing to do with acoustics, the atmosphere at the stadium is stunning at times but football particularly at our level has become a middle class sport, hence the lack of atmosphere and let's not kid ourselves this is just a problem for us, the same could be said for most clubs in the Prem'.

Also aggressive stewarding and the woke culture of "people" offended by any sort of rival chanting is killing the spectacle.

This is true. But clubs like Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Dortmund, PSG, etc get more tourists and day trippers than City do, yet their local and hardcore fans still create an atmosphere for the whole of the game.

This is true. But clubs like Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Dortmund, PSG, etc get more tourists and day trippers than City do, yet their local and hardcore fans still create an atmosphere for the whole of the game.
Cheap tickets, make this extension affordable and it will be filled with ease and filled with people passionate about the club.

Hence the atmosphere will be much better, we need to create some sort of "ultra" section, proper hard core support in cheap, easy to obtain seats/standing.

We have priced the common man out of the stadium, so very wrong.

on skyscraper city, someone bought their child an etihad model to build and it seems like the north stand is more likely to mirror the south stand:

5283b818-843d-450d-8115-920f1dd1580b-png.4359659

fba77e9a-a522-4bba-84a2-770550ea21c6-png.4359661

b9841f11-2bac-4dff-8097-96ff93470006-jpeg.4359660

Real Madrid do season tickets for £465 that include all La Liga and Champions League games, AC Milan’s season tickets start at £177, Bayern have 16,000 season tickets at £160, Dortmund have season tickets at £165 that include all Bundesliga games and the CL Group Stage.

Their local hardcore fans can afford to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.