North Stand Construction Discussion

200%.

Cranes come and go but The Great Northern will be here for ever.

Ric won't let me start a thread but the sooner one starts the better.

The grown ups will then be able to influence a very important subject, whilst the crane and digger spotters carry on walking around with step ladders spotting cranes and diggers !!

I work in the construction game but you'll rarely see me on site. Once it moves off a plan and onto the ground I'm not interested until it's done!

200%.

Cranes come and go but The Great Northern will be here for ever.

Ric won't let me start a thread but the sooner one starts the better.

The grown ups will then be able to influence a very important subject, whilst the crane and digger spotters carry on walking around with step ladders spotting cranes and diggers !!
Diggers? Excavators please, lets get our facts right on here

fee7826066574261d431cc8806cfe6f9.jpg

db2589d43c0b4f029da03407c845df6f.jpg

390348312ce090015d15154c351d807f.jpg

I know it’s an artists impression, but those two rectangular sections (circled) would tie in with where the supporting cables for the cablenet would need to route. Those could be the new anchoring points.

If you look at the L05 plan of the skybar area, those locations line up bang on with two service risers that run all the way down though every concourse. But they don't come out through the roof. I would guess those areas circled will have some form of venting for that riser, as that is the only side it can open onto. The anchor points look to be higher up, at the new roof line.

If you look at the L05 plan of the skybar area, those locations line up bang on with two service risers that run all the way down though every concourse. But they don't come out through the roof. I would guess those areas circled will have some form of venting for that riser, as that is the only side it can open onto. The anchor points look to be higher up, at the new roof line.

Maybe this is how the cable net will be supported

IMG_9502.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9499.jpeg
    IMG_9499.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

What is it you think you will influence and how, out of interest?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.