North Stand Construction Discussion

The North Stand is the end where arguably the biggest goal in English league football history was scored, on 93.20 on the clock. I think The 93.20 Stand would be a really fitting name for it.

For me 93.20 isn’t just about that moment and goal or even the great Kun Agüero himself; it’s bigger than all that, it was about 44 years without the title, having suffered for a few decades of Rag dominance and then having a title run-in with them, beating our rivals to the title in the dying seconds, it’s also about the whole team and Mancini’s efforts across that entire season to get to that point, being 8 points behind in the title-race with 5 games to go, Yaya’s performances against United and Newcastle, Kompany’s header, Zaba and Džeko’s goals against QPR, de Jong and Balotelli’s involvement in the goal, the whole pitch invasions and celebration all Summer after it…
Great post, totally agree 93.20 encapsulates what being a City fan was and now is.

The North Stand is the end where arguably the biggest goal in English league football history was scored, on 93.20 on the clock. I think The 93.20 Stand would be a really fitting name for it.

For me 93.20 isn’t just about that moment and goal or even the great Kun Agüero himself; it’s bigger than all that, it was about 44 years without the title, having suffered for a few decades of Rag dominance and then having a title run-in with them, beating our rivals to the title in the dying seconds, it’s also about the whole team and Mancini’s efforts across that entire season to get to that point, being 8 points behind in the title-race with 5 games to go, Yaya’s performances against United and Newcastle, Kompany’s header, Zaba and Džeko’s goals against QPR, de Jong and Balotelli’s involvement in the goal, the whole pitch invasions and celebration all Summer after it…
And this is exactly why it should be named the 93.20 stand, great post mate.

1678450665965.gif

Shouldn't the North stand be called the Yaya Toure stand, as his goal won us our first trophy in 34 years and started the trophy winning era off. :-)

FA-Cup-Final-2011-Manchester-City-v-Stoke-City-Wembley-Stadium-140511.jpg

Sergio Aguero Stand for me.

It's the goal that defined the end of all of those decades of pain against the rags. And he scored it. The time isn't really relevant. We all know the drama and context, but it's Sergio that delivered when we needed someone to and he should be honoured for that. I find it silly to think that the time is more important than the man who scored. It could have happened at 93.10 or 88.15 for all I cared but it was Sergio right when we needed him and that should be honoured by more than a statue.

Reactions: jrb
Sergio Aguero Stand for me.

It's the goal that defined the end of all of those decades of pain against the rags. And he scored it. The time isn't really relevant. We all know the drama and context, but it's Sergio that delivered when we needed someone to and he should be honoured for that. I find it silly to think that the time is more important than the man who scored. It could have happened at 93.10 or 88.15 for all I cared but it was Sergio right when we needed him and that should be honoured by more than a statue.
The S.A.S......Sergio Aguero Stand ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.