North Stand Expansion

It sounds like it's going to be some operation, any idea on time scale of the actual transfer?

How long is a piece of catenary cable;) ?

That transfer will probably happen quicker than one of Txiki's negotiations!

Think it is all meant to happen this off-season. So that they can do it when there is less risk to the public and no fans in every week (not that they need to worry about that at the best of times, right), and when they can use the pitch side as well, for access to the roof and dismantling.

When they'll actually attempt it, all depends on where they start the sequence they go for.

I had assumed they'd go straight into it after the final game, so was a bit surprised to see them start building the middle section in-between the towers, as that happening during the season is no disruption to anything. Now it looks like they want the props in for the roof first, and the focus seems on clearing the back of the stand.

You can see them setting up paltforms around the anchor point, so they Are gearing up for it. We'll know once we see the clamp and the two back rods in place. Once they start, I'd imagine they wouldn't want it dragging on, my guess would be a week for each set, with constant monitoring. But that is a very very loose guess.

How they then get the piers out, and indeed what actually supports the piers when the cables are detached from them, still puzzles me. You have the cables above, steel to the back at the top, and then to either side at the bottom.

If they are lifting out in big sections, the only way I could see was diagonally outward and up, or diagonally inward and up. Now that they are building the middle section, inward seems less likely. If they are breaking it up into smaller sections, the access and working space is really really tight.

Hence why I am eagerly watching it all, because I am properly intrigued. And why it is so great to have CP's regular overviews, and photos from folk on here.

This is for me hands down the most interesting part of the build, the rest will not be as unique imo. That, and perhaps the acoustic report, with windows facing the etfe roof, and those sails against the northeastern winds, but I accept I might be in the minority with that one.

Last edited:
How long is a piece of catenary cable;) ?

That transfer will probably happen quicker than one of Txiki's negotiations!

Think it is all meant to happen this off-season. So that they can do it when there is less risk to the public and no fans in every week (not that they need to worry about that at the best of times, right), and when they can use the pitch side as well, for access to the roof and dismantling.

When they'll actually attempt it, all depends on what sequence they go for.

I had assumed they'd go straight into it after the final game, so was a bit surprised to see them start building the middle section in-between the towers, as that happening during the season is no disruption to anything. Now it looks like they want the props in for the roof first, and the focus seems on clearing the back of the stand.

You can see them setting up paltforms around the anchor point, so they Are gearing up for it. We'll know once we see the clamp and the two back rods in place. Once they start, I'd imagine they wouldn't want it dragging on, my guess would be a week for each set, with constant monitoring. But that is a very very loose guess.

How they then get the piers out, and indeed what actually supports the piers when the cables are detached from them, still puzzles me. You have the cables above, steel to the back at the top, and then to either side at the bottom.

If they are lifting out in big sections, the only way I could see was diagonally outward and up, or diagonally inward and up. Now that they are building the middle section, inward seems less likely. If they are breaking it up into smaller sections, the access and working space is really really tight.

Hence why I am eagerly watching it all, because I am properly intrigued. And why it is so great to have CP's regular overviews, and photos from folk on here.

This is for me hands down the most interesting part of the build, the rest will not be as unique imo. That, and perhaps the acoustic report, with windows facing the etfe roof, and those sails against the northeastern winds, but I accept I might be in the minority with that one.
Thanks again.

CP Overview.

If possible could you do an updated picture of this shot, if your drone can go high enough? It would look great with the Coop Live Arena and the the North stand expansion included. Not sure if the picture was taken from a drone or from an aircraft? Probably an aircraft? Thanks.

932BD13D-95CD-44B6-9CE6-457F05746DC2.jpeg

CP Overview.

If possible could you do an updated picture of this shot, if your drone can go high enough? It would look great with the Coop Live Arena and the the North stand expansion included. Not sure if the picture was taken from a drone or from an aircraft? Probably an aircraft? Thanks.

View attachment 121751
I will give it a go,im only just back from there so will have a try on Monday, i doubt i can get that high, or should rephrase that to " I could get that high but legally i can only go up 120 metres" but maybe with a wide angle lens on i can get a similar effect.

I will give it a go,im only just back from there so will have a try on Monday, i doubt i can get that high, or should rephrase that to " I could get that high but legally i can only go up 120 metres" but maybe with a wide angle lens on i can get a similar effect.
Cheers mate.

Thanks for all your North stand construction drone video updates.

We really appreciate them. :-)

PS. And the fact that you post them on the thread.

Todays flight, a bit late in the day but got there eventually as promised

When you are out next, could you have a quick zoom look at these two?

1000018118.jpg

Or any pockets like that which would make sense for sample rooms / facade mock-up easily enough accessible and away from the main busy site. Cheers, enjoy Scotland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.