North Stand Expansion

They’re only removing the back of the roof this summer to aid development. For the most part, it will be the exact same basic process as when they did the South Stand. Build behind. Build the new roof over the old one. When next season finishes, take the old roof off etc.

From inside it’ll look similar to this.

View attachment 122090
Thats great mate, thank you for the reply. I do remember this now

With no new footage or pictures, an image from the latest video, for bearings against what's where and the steel etc.

1000018356.gif

The size of it might sometimes be lost a bit, because it sits next to a massive stadium with lots of space around it.

So here it is at the bottom of Deansgate, for a more relatable sense of scale.

1000018360.jpg1000018358.jpg1000018359.jpg

The covered square takes up the whole of the road, pavement, and almost a row of buildings either side, under the roof! Those screens would be hard to miss too!

With no new footage or pictures, an image from the latest video, for bearings against what's where and the steel etc.

View attachment 122220

The size of it might sometimes be lost a bit, because it sits next to a massive stadium with lots of space around it.

View attachment 122221View attachment 122222View attachment 122223

The covered square takes up the whole of the road, pavement, and almost a row of buildings either side, under the roof! Those screens would be hard to miss too!
Great work as ever Coatigan.

I hope you don’t mind me asking. Not doubting it. Just curious. Is that to scale by using the erected steel frames and concrete cores?

Great work as ever Coatigan.

I hope you don’t mind me asking. Not doubting it. Just curious. Is that to scale by using the erected steel frames and concrete cores?

The Deansgate ones are to scale pretty much by default. The stadium one, yeah, against the steel and footprint of the hotel etc.

View attachment 122220

View attachment 122221View attachment 122222View attachment 122223

What software is it you use? It's very impressive at making complicated things look (relatively) simple.

The Deansgate ones are to scale pretty much by default. The stadium one, yeah, against the steel and footprint of the hotel etc.

Fantastic work! It gives a true impression of the size and scale of the whole North stand redevelopment.

Couple of things I hadn't really paid attention to before.

The two brick sides of the covered square are at different heights, the office block one is a fair bit higher than the hotel. The screens on each are a different width, which we did point out before. The etfe roof sits higher up on the inside faces than the sails on the outside facades, cutting them at a different height. They did not seem to care much for symmetry or anyone with a hint of ocd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.