North Stand Expansion

Add the constrained area around the claws, hotel and the Coop Live Arena. It's going to look pretty dense and impressive as you walk up Joe Mercer Way, and walk up the steps from the Etihad Metrolink tram stop.
The COOP live monstrosity should have been build down by the gas tower end of the campus, like looking at a neighbours annoying conservatory from your favourite comfortable chair
IMG_1128.jpeg

A new drone video by John from The stadium Youtube Channel.

Some screen grabs.

Credit to The Stadium Youtube channel.

IMG-1436.jpg

IMG-1442.jpg

IMG-1444.jpg

IMG-1438.jpg

IMG-1440.jpg

IMG-1446.jpg

The COOP live monstrosity should have been build down by the gas tower end of the campus, like looking at a neighbours annoying conservatory from your favourite comfortable chair
View attachment 122325

Sorry. I can’t agree. I like the Coop Live Arena. I think it’s great that it’s adjacent to the new North stand, fanzone, museum and hotel.The combination is a leisure and hospitality destination in it’s own right, which City fans, tourists, and visitors to Manchester will enjoy. Making people traipse up to the car parks reminds me of traipsing to the City fanzone from the stadium in Istanbul. There would also be limited parking spaces for match days and arena events.

Last edited:
Not watched full video yet but from jrb's screenshots, you can see the height difference in the next level of hotel columns. There is a platform round the back of the anchor now too, of the anchor node on top of the pier within the west steel tower. Wonder if they will build the last two bays if the middle to join onto the towers, or hold off till the piers are out.

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.