North Stand Expansion

Slightly off topic, but somewhere for people to park, store their bikes, etc, on a match day from later this year. With 8000 more City fans attending the matches in the future, it’s only going to get busier on match days

Picture taken last Wednesday.

Etihad, top left, in the distance.

Ancoats Mobility Hub, left, middle, living wall.

Colony - LinkedIn.

IMG_1562.jpeg

Set to complete by the end of this year, the next-generation multi-storey car park will hold space for 406 cars, 150 bicycles, 30 car shares, a parcel delivery hub, café, store, and nearly 15,000 sq ft of public realm.

IMG_1564.jpeg

Slightly off topic, but somewhere for people to park, store their bikes, etc, on a match day from later this year. With 8000 more City fans attending the matches in the future, it’s only going to get busier on match days

Picture taken last Wednesday.

Etihad, top left, in the distance.

Ancoats Mobility Hub, left, middle, living wall.

Colony - LinkedIn.

View attachment 123750

Set to complete by the end of this year, the next-generation multi-storey car park will hold space for 406 cars, 150 bicycles, 30 car shares, a parcel delivery hub, café, store, and nearly 15,000 sq ft of public realm.

View attachment 123751

No doubt that's a good idea generally but I'm not sure how much effect (if any) it'll have on matchdays. 400 odd parking spaces doesn't seem that much and it's a fair distance from the ground is it not?

No doubt that's a good idea generally but I'm not sure how much effect (if any) it'll have on matchdays. 400 odd parking spaces doesn't seem that much and it's a fair distance from the ground is it not?

It probably won’t have a massive effect, but it’s still additional and secure car parking spaces, and bike racks. It’s not a long walk. About 15 minutes. It’s in Ancoats, so not far.

I absolutely love The Etihad- always have.

It reminds me of the Olympic Stadium in Munich.

Not everyone’s cup of tea , but that is what architecture should do , split opinion.

The excavation to reveal the sub bowl was literally ground breaking and unprecedented.
Me too. I think it will look amazing once completed. Fan demand will dictate further expansion but agree it won’t happen for at least 10 years

A couple of these with train station and bus transport hub would be perfect for the old gas tower sites. All you need to do to access it , is walk straight up Joe Mercer Way , no crossing of roads involved.

With the EUROS happening just now, and this country is next you would think the goverment have funding to help make this happen

1719743054947.png
1719743151815.png
1719743277826.png

2 more yellow platforms have been added.

Posted this picture from Linkedin on Sunday.

2 yellow platforms.

View attachment 123646

A new picture on Linkedin posted 8 hours ago. Probably from earlier in the week? The weather looks ok.

4 yellow platforms have now been added.

The lower hole in the roof has got bigger.

A larger hole has appeared to the right of the roof.

View attachment 123647

View attachment 123648
Is all this yellow just us paying fromage to the yellow wall in Dortmund?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.