North Stand Expansion

CP, thank you for that, for spending the time on the guys working and coming back to them a few times. I know parts of it don't make the best viewing when they are chatting, and measuring things, but it is pure odds and luck whether you catch an interesting moment or not. I was getting worried, whether others might watch it and not be bothered, but I think it was handled really well, and the end bit of him putting on his weld mask made it a bit worthwhile and built the suspense.

I could see the weld torch next to his feet in the first few goes, when he was marking locations. They are welding on hook plates. So a hook/crane has something to lift the piece by. You can see them here on the other side, those definitely weren't there before. So now we know they'll be craning it out. As I said appreciated that you'd do that on request and also the loom st the new compound. One day, that'll pay off hopefully.

1000019730.jpg

Last edited:
You can see they have removed that area they needed to, where the bridging element between the old and new will go. The big hole you see behind the last existing row of seats in the flyover, and highlighted in blue below.

You can also see the shuttering formed for the new upstand beam that forms the new edge of the old slab.

View attachment 124012

Tell you what they formed that pretty quickly, that's the upstand beam pretty much fully built and shuttering removed.

Imagine they'll beed a smaller piling rig than that to finish the back of the towers, due to the limited head room of the cantilevered parts.

CP, thank you for that, for spending the time on the guys working and coming back to them a few times. I know parts of it don't make the best viewing when they are chatting, and measuring things, but it is pure odds and luck whether you catch an interesting moment or not. I was getting worried, whether others might watch it and not be bothered, but I think it was handled really well, and the end bit of him putting on his weld mask made it a bit worthwhile and built the suspense.

I could see the weld torch next to his feet in the first few goes, when he was marking locations. They are welding on hook plates. So a hook/crane has something to lift the piece by. You can see them here on the other side, those definitely weren't there before. So now we know they'll be craning it out. As I said appreciated that you'd do that on request and also the loom st the new compound. One day, that'll pay off hopefully.

View attachment 124057
I was more concerned about the guy working alongside him having a crafty cig near the end of the video and his Bosses seeing this ;)

View attachment 124057
I actually zoomed out when I see him take his safety helmet off and didn’t want him to be in trouble and was a bit of a sigh of relief when he replaced it with the welding mask. It will pay off eventually and you capture something good, Anfield kick started my YouTube channel all because I captured a crane lifting a large section of terracing.
At Everton I caught the first piece of the barrel shaped roofing being fitted, so at some point I will get some things here.

I actually zoomed out when I see him take his safety helmet off and didn’t want him to be in trouble and was a bit of a sigh of relief when he replaced it with the welding mask. It will pay off eventually and you capture something good, Anfield kick started my YouTube channel all because I captured a crane lifting a large section of terracing.
At Everton I caught the first piece of the barrel shaped roofing being fitted, so at some point I will get some things here.

A part of me thought the same.

I think that is a bit of an iconic shot though. The one from the other side, the guy sitting up on the very top of the old pier, on the new clamp, welding away at the head of it. Today's equivalent of the old photos you see of the shipyards and high cranes, in museums and books.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.