North Stand Expansion

They should have just built another 3rd tier to save all the downers that are going to follow. Put the corporate in the 2nd tier and have safe standing up top in the 3rd.

It’s going to be bizarre having this enlarged area mixed with seats, possibly standing, and various bits of hospitality.

Why? Don't follow.

The way i see it.

Top green, posh cunts. Box hospitality.
Middle green, padded seat wankers.
The rest, regular cunts, standing or sitting, really doesn't matter.

1000015631.jpg

Last edited:
I think people will be in for a shock and will be very disappointed when they see the prices of the seats across NSL2.

Why? Don't follow.

Trying to fit hospitality, premium seats, standard seats and safe standing into this one tier is going would result in an absolute dogs dinner.

I don’t think the club is going to give the fans what they want. A proper ‘City end’ that can be turned into a huge blue wall made up of safe standing, banners, cheaper tickets and the like.

The prospect of this enlarged 2nd tier, as opposed to a 3rd tier, really made fans take notice of the possibilities since there’s not been terracing like this in the stadium before. The size of it makes one think of the kop, yellow wall or even the Kippax, where thousands can gather in one large area rather than be spread thin over multiple tiers.

If the club chose not to go with the ‘City end’ / ‘blue wall’ environment, I’d be absolutely confused as to why they wanted to develop an enlarged 2nd tier in the first place. If they want to put hospitality at the front and the middle then I think a 3rd tier expansion would have been the best approach. The 2nd tier could have had a hospitality section in the middle like the South Stand and the front rows could have been 93:20 style offerings as well. No one would really have batted an eyelid - apart from those already sat there of course…!

Went to the co-op a few weeks ago, and you can really see how much of a transformation this is all going to have and what the grand vision is. I suspect once this bit is done we'll get an LED wrap around the stadium and a spruce up of the outside parts of the ground and before you know it that part of Manchester is one of the elite entertainment sites in Europe. If I had some money to invest I'd be buying one of those run down pubs or warehouses on the outskirts of Ancoats towards the stadium.
And some bus shelters under covered walkways. Then the B of the Bang will return.

Trying to fit hospitality, premium seats, standard seats and safe standing into this one tier is going would result in an absolute dogs dinner.

I don’t think the club is going to give the fans what they want. A proper ‘City end’ that can be turned into a huge blue wall made up of safe standing, banners, cheaper tickets and the like.

The prospect of this enlarged 2nd tier, as opposed to a 3rd tier, really made fans take notice of the possibilities since there’s not been terracing like this in the stadium before. The size of it makes one think of the kop, yellow wall or even the Kippax, where thousands can gather in one large area rather than be spread thin over multiple tiers.

If the club chose not to go with the ‘City end’ / ‘blue wall’ environment, I’d be absolutely confused as to why they wanted to develop an enlarged 2nd tier in the first place. If they want to put hospitality at the front and the middle then I think a 3rd tier expansion would have been the best approach. The 2nd tier could have had a hospitality section in the middle like the South Stand and the front rows could have been 93:20 style offerings as well. No one would really have batted an eyelid - apart from those already sat there of course…!

I disagree. But that is based purely on my reading of what is available. A lot will come down to sales and allocation. But as a space, it has ehatbit needs to work. A large single tier blue stand, with some premium seating for blues that want them, and a token 5% boxed hospitality at the back end with its own access boxes and bars.

All comments of this type, seem to be coming from an ingerent distrust of the club. I find it odd that we sit and question their intention to build a large tier blue wall, while on a daily basis pointing out how difficult a feat that is, given the existing structural arrangement. It just doesn't compute, to me, that they would go to that expense and effort, if they weren't trying to build a this big 'blue wall' (what a cliche btw) for the fans.

But, we are replaying old tapes here, only time will tell.

I can understand you misgivings and would be a lost opportunity but think about the lay out of this new end. Why didn’t City build it has a three tier stand in the first place?. My personal thinking it’s two tier for a reason and that’s to get at least 6000 people of similar age who want to roar.

I disagree. But that is based purely on my reading of what is available. A lot will come down to sales and allocation. But as a space, it has ehatbit needs to work. A large single tier blue stand, with some premium seating for blues that want them, and a token 5% boxed hospitality at the back end with its own access boxes and bars.

All comments of this type, seem to be coming from an ingerent distrust of the club. I find it odd that we sit and question their intention to build a large tier blue wall, while on a daily basis pointing out how difficult a feat that is, given the existing structural arrangement. It just doesn't compute, to me, that they would go to that expense and effort, if they weren't trying to build a this big 'blue wall' (what a cliche btw) for the fans.

But, we are replaying old tapes here, only time will tell.

I can understand you misgivings and would be a lost opportunity but think about the lay out of this new end. Why didn’t City build it has a three tier stand in the first place?. My personal thinking it’s two tier for a reason and that’s to get at least 6000 people of similar age who want to roar.

Sometimes the initial idea of a project can change when the money people get their hands on it.

Obviously nothing is confirmed as yet but I’m expecting the compromised solution where the expansion is safe standing and the original 2nd tier remaining mostly as it is but with the new hospitality/premium offerings factored into some of the seats.

Sometimes the initial idea of a project can change when the money people get their hands on it.

Obviously nothing is confirmed as yet but I’m expecting the compromised solution where the expansion is safe standing and the original 2nd tier remaining mostly as it is but with the new hospitality/premium offerings factored into some of the seats.
Think looking at the rendition of the new stand still stands(sorry for repeating that). Of course the top part of the stand which is small will be for corporate hotel customers and the very bottom section will be for tourists possibly, but as I mentioned before surely a safe standing area for singers. Will have to see what unfolds mate.

That's the case with anything, anywhere any time, really. To argue the club never intended it to be a success or what they say they want it to be, from the outset, is imo illogical. At this point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.