North Stand Expansion

A part of me thought the same.

I think that is a bit of an iconic shot though. The one from the other side, the guy sitting up on the very top of the old pier, on the new clamp, welding away at the head of it. Today's equivalent of the old photos you see of the shipyards and high cranes, in museums and books.

You would hope the club would be taking some photos of key construction stages.

You would hope the club would be taking some photos of key construction stages.

You would wouldn't you. Or even Sisk themselves, or Happolds. PR goldmine, this stage and the structural acrobatics involved, that could be used in books, universities etc. The structural design, at least.

Last edited:
Can I just clarify something, sorry if It's been done and I missed it.
The Hotel will be connected to the North Stand.
So does that mean there will be a large corporate area in the Stand. ?

Hospitality, technically, but yes.
Surely this poses a potential problem with infiltration of opposing fans, unless it is strictly controlled. But Hospitality Tickets are regularly sold to anyone who can pay. Through City and Ticket sites. I was under the impression, obviously wrongly that it would be a strictly City end incorporating a singing section moved from the South Stand.

Surely this poses a potential problem with infiltration of opposing fans, unless it is strictly controlled. But Hospitality Tickets are regularly sold to anyone who can pay. Through City and Ticket sites. I was under the impression, obviously wrongly that it would be a strictly City end incorporating a singing section moved from the South Stand.
The brains at city hadn't thought about that

There are assumptions both ways but no real clarity on ticket sales. But either way the upper part of the hospitality is fairly detached and boxed in, with their own access and bar zones. Not dissimilar to other stadiums that host CL games and finals.

There is another 'hospitality' area noted as GA+ in the middle of the stand, which is claimed to be similar to a joe's, but for blues. Again, assumptions and guesses both ways of what this is, but no real conclusive plan of how the sales will be handled. But given where and what it is, I take the club 'prima facie' (eh @halfcenturyup!) on their claims so far.

They should have just built another 3rd tier to save all the downers that are going to follow. Put the corporate in the 2nd tier and have safe standing up top in the 3rd.

It’s going to be bizarre having this enlarged area mixed with seats, possibly standing, and various bits of hospitality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.