North Stand Expansion

The club, City Matters and 1894 should try to agree on a questionnaire. That in itself would be informative, eg if the club say no point asking if any NSL2 blocks should be allocated to the 18-25 age group because it's never going to happen. Personally, I think that particular idea is way too arbritary. However if a questionnaire is agreed then send it to every ST holder, with incentives to complete, eg 10 random people who respond win a replica shirt. The club could then consider the wishes of the ST holders en masse, if they implement them, then great, if not then at least try to explain why.
And that's the end of it....
I agree any questionaire should be based on options the club are prepared to consider.Any based only on what fans want is fairly pointless.

As a member of 1894 I can tell everyone 1894 does not have an agenda against the club. FACT!

Does 1894 question some of the decisions the clubs makes, yes it does.

1894 have worked with the club for years on displays, banners, etc. Alongside money raised by the fans for the displays the club have also contributed money. The club have given 1894 a banner and flag room at the Etihad. And given 1894 accreditation to gain access to the Etihad.

*The club invited 1894 as fan representatives to the North stand meetings*.

Board directors know 1894 members personally.

1894 is, always has been, and will always be independent of the club.

If the club thought 1894 had an agenda against the club, the club would not do the above.

Really don't want to bring this cycle of the tread back into full swing, but till we hear something from the club, the 1894 group are, by default, simply put, crying wolf. I'm not even sure whether they know if there is a wolf, never mind the rest. Given that by their own proclamations, the club haven't told them much.

Really don't want to bring this cycle of the tread back into full swing, but till we hear something from the club, the 1894 group are, by default, simply put, crying wolf. I'm not even sure whether they know if there is a wolf, never mind the rest. Given that by their own proclamations, the club haven't told them much.
The club are not helping the situation at all, by getting people to sign NDAs etc it's a new stand, not the codes to nuclear weapons, a bit of overkill.

The people who work for the club are supposed to represent us the fans, but at the moment they do not seem to be doing that by not telling us the fans what is happening with the North Stand, so this causes friction between fans who love everything that the club does and those who want the club to do more regarding atmosphere and facilities 1894 have done the right thing by bringing to the attention of all fans what the club is doing.

Look at Everton's new stadium all their fans know the names of the new bars and everything all that we know is what is in the planning statement.

There should have been a CGI by now!

Someone said about the noise and stuff happening on the pitch so we can cheer, but with the type of football that city plays with loads of passing there is not a lot to cheer for until someone gets near the goal. The Euros have shown that a European style of fans is needed in the EPL to help create an atmosphere. If there are people who don't like the European style of fan the new North Stand is not for them but there is no point in people shouting down other people because they believe in this approach

This is why the 1894 are right to ask all city fans to speak about the new North Stand not just certain fans with certain views

Well done @Manchester33 for bringing to everyone's attention what the club are doing and saying

You’re finishing again Coatigan. I’m not biting. :-)

But I’ll throw some bait.

You don’t know what the club have told 1894.

If the club hasn’t told 1894 much, as you claim, then the club hasn’t told City Matters, the OSC, and other fans groups much either, as they all attend the North stand meetings together with the club. Rather than continuing with speculation and guess work, why don’t you wait until the club makes an announcement?

And no, I don’t know what the club have or haven’t told 1894 either, because I haven’t asked the 1894 representative.

On a lighter note, I’m North stand NDA’d out. :-(

Last edited:
the original post I replied to said

So he's saying that I'm not a fan of a club that I've supported my entire life, and that I'm always looking for something to moan about when in reality city fans have plenty to moan about and the only reason I ever moan (which you could reword to campaign) is to help other fans.

He isn't 'simply disagreeing with my approach', he said something personal and got a response.

Do you honestly think City fans have lots to moan about! Give your head a wobble.

The club are investing over £300m in some of the best facilities in world football and the tone of this thread at times is embarrassing. When did we become so entitled? I think we should wait until the club makes its plans public and then we can all comment.

You’re finishing again Coatigan. I’m not biting. :-)

But I’ll throw some bait.

You don’t know what the club have told 1894.

If the club hasn’t told 1894 much, as you claim, then the club hasn’t told City Matters, the OSC, and other fans groups much either, as they all attend the North stand meetings together with the club. Rather than continuing with speculation and guess work, why don’t you wait until the club makes an announcement?

And no, I don’t know what the club have or haven’t told 1894 either, because I haven’t asked the 1894 representative.

On a lighter note, I’m North stand NDA’d out. :-(

Exactly mate. Wait till the club have something to say, that's pretty much the point I have been making.

Don't get what your last line means ;)

Reactions: jrb
The club are investing over £300m in some of the best facilities in world football and the tone of this thread at times is embarrassing. When did we become so entitled? I think we should wait until the club makes its plans public and then we can all comment.

I think there’s a lot of positivity about the North stand expansion on this thread, especially when CP Overview posts his drone videos, and pictures are also posted. The likes and the positivity about how the build is going is a testament to that.

Posters on here, probably not City fans in general at this point, would like to know more about the clubs plans for the North stand. I think it”s fair to say there’s a little bit of frustration creeping in amongst some of the posters on here about the lack of information coming from the club. That’s all. Cough! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.