North Stand Expansion

There has been no mention publicly of a brand whatsoever. And there have been hints that it is the case for the construction side too.

But a big part of me still expects it to end up branded in the end. It is not an easy thing, operating a hotel, and at the least I would guess they would bring in an extenal party to run it. There are only a very limited number of brands it can end up being, in the format it is.
There would probably be a brand behind it, the Chelsea Hotel has Copthorne and Blackpools has the Raddison,
cant see it being a simple job turning your hand to running a hotel, might be a brand from Abu Dhabi ??

There would probably be a brand behind it, the Chelsea Hotel has Copthorne and Blackpools has the Raddison,
cant see it being a simple job turning your hand to running a hotel, might be a brand from Abu Dhabi ??

I agree. I have my guesses on the brands, but time will tell. Sometimes these things don't get revealed/decided till well down the line, and sometimes they are known from the outset.

Thought I'd read there was going to be a range of rooms from more basic options and higher end rooms.Don't know where I'd have seen that though.
I could be wrong as I'm not an expert on hotels, but I think hotels have to have a star rating that sets them apart. I'll Google it in a bit.

Thought I'd read there was going to be a range of rooms from more basic options and higher end rooms.Don't know where I'd have seen that though.
It is. With the basic rooms being 3* so I would assume it could only be classed as the lowest star rating, @Coatigan might be able to confirm on that though.

Hotel ratings explained and criteria, including secret inspections, etc.

It is. With the basic rooms being 3* so I would assume it could only be classed as the lowest star rating, @Coatigan might be able to confirm on that though.

The star rating is not really the same as the budget/luxury scale, it simply sets what he hotel offers in terms of facilities. A 3 star can be either budget or high end, just means they offer the same things.

This one has its largest portion of budget style rooms, i.e in size and style, and a mix of luxury rooms on the top floors and joining the stadium. There aren’t that many brands that are that flexible with offering both. Which is why I mentioned before the format would only work for a handful of brands imo.

Edit, I see jrb's post on more of the star rating offerings above. As I say, not really directly related to the 'level' of hotel.

Hotel ratings explained and criteria, including secret inspections, etc.

If our hotel in Istanbul had a star rating they'd have been about as valid as those ones Franny Lee had put on the club badge with the big bird.

There has been no mention publicly of a brand whatsoever. And there have been hints that it is the case for the construction side too.

But a big part of me still expects it to end up branded in the end. It is not an easy thing, operating a hotel, and at the least I would guess they would bring in an extenal party to run it. There are only a very limited number of brands it can end up being, in the format it is.
Could've sworn I had read it was going to be a hilton??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.