North Stand Expansion

I think so. No reason why we could not sell the hotel tho’ if it is an MCFC asset. We just know the PL will do all it can to stop us using hotel income.
Unlikely as precedents have already been set not just for connected hotels for income but also for the use of stadia and facilities for none related football events from concerts, other sports, conferences, hospitality, business and other use of facilities. Who can argue if the club store, museum and more are part of this development?

The grey area will be the synergies between the Etihad and Co-op Live but this factor is more about CFG.

The North Stand Development is a game changer when linked to Co-op live that could not have been foreseen even 10 years ago. Key are the fans zone and hotel that go way beyond match days to make it a destination venue.

As pointed out earlier by others, the star rating of hotels is a tick box exercise largely based on facilities and services available rather than standards. I can see a dual branding for this size of hotel, not uncommon in the USA. in Europe 200 bed hotels are usually seen as sufficiently viable to jusify investment in a 4* chain brand rating. Normally you expect 3* would suffice but the offer at the Etihad or Co-op Live is unique. (The North Stand Hotel has 400 beds with direct access to watch games.)

Drawing on the analogy of flying business or first class, superior rooms will have a seperate check-in, dedicated floors and lifts with security all at a premium. The main part of the hotel will cater to the general public but will also attract business from support crew at Co-op live as well as some football teams. Premium is an upgrade offer.

Just my take on it from experience. The development will coin in money regardless of whether it goes to CFG or MCFC. Already it will have set piss boiling and we are still not at the end of the 20 year project setout by ADUG when they took over.

I see the wee piling rig is below the wastern tower ready to get going there

That's a great shot of the Etihad stadium and the Collar site.

It certainly wets the appetite for what's proposed for the Collar site in the future.

Screenshot-20240720-175805-3.png

Was at the stadium today, what is difficult to appreciate is the size of the development without seeing it live Those who haven’t seen the pictures and videos are in for a shock / treat at the first game as even having seen them is going to quite an eye opening Ipswich fans are going to be stunned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.