North Stand Expansion

Was at the stadium today, what is difficult to appreciate is the size of the development without seeing it live Those who haven’t seen the pictures and videos are in for a shock / treat at the first game as even having seen them is going to quite an eye opening Ipswich fans are going to be stunned
They will be covering their eyes with their six fingers

I've heard it all now, the south standers wanted a single tier stand like the Germans.
All they've done is woman about it. Now City have accommodated them, nobody wants to transfer to the new one tier North Stand, because we are the South Stand and don't want to go near the day trippers. Ffs.

I’ll be honest.
I’ve been up since 6am Saturday Morning.
I started work today at 1.30pm.
I finished work at 10pm.
I’ve had 4 pints since I got home.
It’s 2am.
It’s over 2 years since the thread started and that’s all you can contribute.
What the f*ck are you on about?

Yeah echo that. Compared to other flyers he really has got to know the stadium and general things around it. And is quite pleasant too. I struggle and often mute the others. 'There's a guy digging a hole, probably a foundation or something. There are some cabins in the distance, think that's the hotel, is that the coop arena over the horizon'. CP is worlds apart from that. Great to have his regular updates and also a part of the discussions.

Such is CP Overview’s drone professionalism, City and Sisk are (probably) more than happy for CP Overview to continue flying a drone close to the Etihad and the North stand expansion to film the redevelopment of the North stand..

Such is CP Overview’s drone professionalism, City and Sisk are (probably) more than happy for CP Overview to continue flying a drone close to the Etihad and the North stand expansion to film the redevelopment of the North stand..
@cpoverview does an amazing job his video and commentary are fantastic, but I'm not sure Sisk will be too enamoured as the videos can highlight Sisk delays which arms subcontractors with vital evidence in building claims. If i was Sisk management I'd be bringing him in with access and direction on what they wanted to be released to the public. The videos are effectively a live progress report of where Sisk are up to on a tight programme.

BAM built up a fly through model of CO-OP live early on and drone footage evidenced their delays from pretty much day one.

Last edited:
Agree - these updates every few days are brilliant and the next best thing to a livestreaming webcam
Yeah echo that. Compared to other flyers he really has got to know the stadium and general things around it. And is quite pleasant too. I struggle and often mute the others. 'There's a guy digging a hole, probably a foundation or something. There are some cabins in the distance, think that's the hotel, is that the coop arena over the horizon'. CP is worlds apart from that. Great to have his regular updates and also a part of the discussions.

Cheers, for all the comments, like I said it is all the comments from here and ones made on the video that make the next video easier to do as it instantly gives you points to look at.
On my YouTube I can see where the viewers have come from and here is always high on the list so the logical thing was to join the forum and engage with people and find out what you want to see etc and gain valuable information. It is actually hard to believe that hardly anyone else is putting much effort in.
Hopefully City/Sisk are happy with what they see, have tried contacting both but have had no response. Everton/Laing o Rourke have been superb with the drone flyers, the tour they took us on met we was actually the first people outside of the club to be allowed to film within the stadium and publish it, we had a few bits we wasn’t allowed to publish but it was pretty much unrestricted, it would be great if something like that with city/sisk could happen in the future.

Something that has worked well at Everton which I could do here is if anyone from this group wants to join me when I fly over and co-commentate then just get in touch and we can make it happen, it’s always great to hear other opinions, it doesn’t take long,if there are no interruptions or cock ups then the video length is how long it actually took to make.

@cpoverview does an amazing job his video and commentary are fantastic, but I'm not sure Sisk will be too enamoured as the videos can highlight Sisk delays which arms subcontractors with vital evidence in building claims. If i was Sisk management I'd be bringing him in with access and direction on what they wanted to be released to the public. The videos are effectively a live progress report of where Sisk are up to on a tight programme.

BAM built up a fly through model of CO-OP live early on and drone footage evidenced their delays from pretty much day one.
I guess it depends how on schedule they are. Laing o Rourke are ahead of schedule with Everton so the drone footage is making them look good, and the tour they took us on only enhanced that opinion. They have had regular contact with a few of us but have never once asked us not to film something etc, it was always for something like asking if we could keep a bit of distance away from something that was perhaps tricky and the workers needed to concentrate without worrying about a drone being too close.
They also realised from the start that they couldn’t actually stop the drones so better to work a little with them.
If Sisk wanted to do something similar then that would be great but like I said elsewhere I have had no replies when I have contacted them

I guess it depends how on schedule they are. Laing o Rourke are ahead of schedule with Everton so the drone footage is making them look good, and the tour they took us on only enhanced that opinion. They have had regular contact with a few of us but have never once asked us not to film something etc, it was always for something like asking if we could keep a bit of distance away from something that was perhaps tricky and the workers needed to concentrate without worrying about a drone being too close.
They also realised from the start that they couldn’t actually stop the drones so better to work a little with them.
If Sisk wanted to do something similar then that would be great but like I said elsewhere I have had no replies when I have contacted them
The no replies doesn't surprise me. The Etihad programme is extremely tight, whereas Evertons was always more fluid as the club was more comfortable with it opening in 25/26, although I'd be interested to see the LADS in the Main Contract and the similar step down into the subs.

Sisk bought a lot of risk by taking on the full project, and they've had problems engaging with key contractors, access dates / key dates / milestones are make break financially. Evidence of progress is gold. It might be Sisk smash it and hit all their dates and then these are their silver bullets, but more likely they miss dates and it becomes the subbies gold.

There's probably a day in the not to distant future where the subs use drones as part of the progress reports, it gone from photos of specific areas / delays to 360 photos of the whole site, drones seem the obvious next step.

Last edited:
I’ll be honest.
I’ve been up since 6am Saturday Morning.
I started work today at 1.30pm.
I finished work at 10pm.
I’ve had 4 pints since I got home.
It’s 2am.
It’s over 2 years since the thread started and that’s all you can contribute.
What the f*ck are you on about?

Try @43:15. A very respected channel. I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong but that's what it sounds like to me.

Interesting topic in itself. That would only really matter if Sisk were being dishonest in their own reporting. And presumably they are responsible for their subbies as well so the more important part is between them and the club. This is D&B right? They will have scope to adjust and alternate phases, in something so big and complex and the ways contractors find to make up for delays elsewhere is often very impressive.

If we are going to go down that logic, then comments on here carry equal potential risk to them and the DT. I have consciously tiptoed around some things I say, as have you I dare say. A lot of times, the arguement ends up being 'was it reasonably foreseeable', if things get legal. And if one side argues something wasn't, but the other produces a comment by a random 'forseeing' it on a public forum they can argue it was. The recent flanking issue being a prime example. There is a question of how admissible either would be and whether they'd agree to include anything from the public domain.

Either way, I agree it would be beneficial for Sisk to engage and direct CP, to have a better steer on what appears when. Seen similar happen where a drone guy now has a paid monthly gig doing progress videos for a contractor and they are talking about using him on their other sites too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.