North Stand Expansion

Will there be rooms looking onto the pitch? From the videos so far the hotel looks a long way back from the line of the steels that are forming the stand expansion, and no groundworks to indicate it will be extended towards the pitch. Just curious

The floor highlighted in orange here is actually part of the hotel, and links to the rest of the top floor of the hotel. That's the rooms in the stand that look onto the pitch.

1000021186.jpg

Here it is highlighted again over HC's section, onto the stand (ignore the blue).

1000019264.png

The rooms out face like so.

1000021185.jpg

Last edited:
The amount of tourists doing the stadium tour today is unreal. Group, after group, after group. Loads of kids from different countries wearing City shirts on the stadium tour
I was thinking that the other day when somebody mentioned the club wanting more tourists at games because of what they spend in the shop. The shop may seem rammed on a match day but sales for the 25 or so home games a year are probably a fragment of what they take either mail order or through the year with the number of tours going through the shop.

I was thinking that the other day when somebody mentioned the club wanting more tourists at games because of what they spend in the shop. The shop may seem rammed on a match day but sales for the 25 or so home games a year are probably a fragment of what they take either mail order or through the year with the number of tours going through the shop.

Probably large numbers even without doing the formal tours, of people just stopping to see the stadium and statues, and then into the shop as a part of that.

Probably large numbers even without doing the formal tours, of people just stopping to see the stadium and statues, and then into the shop as a part of that.
The couple of times I’ve done the tour always though the club were missing a trick having no food / drink facility open as there seemed to be a few tours going through and general shoppers.
Maybe when the works are all done there will be places open around the campus that will attract even more people to visit the campus spend some time eat and drink and call in the new shop and museum. Maybe the museum will have a cafe.

The couple of times I’ve done the tour always though the club were missing a trick having no food / drink facility open as there seemed to be a few tours going through and general shoppers.
Maybe when the works are all done there will be places open around the campus that will attract even more people to visit the campus spend some time eat and drink and call in the new shop and museum. Maybe the museum will have a cafe.

There will be 4 or 5 new F&B outlets facing out onto what will be the newly created partially covered City Square, underneath the hotel, in that wing.

I imagine at least some of them will be open all week. Particularly with shows at the COOP etc, great place for people to go early and get some grub and drink close to their venue, likely cheaper than inside it. There seems to be a bit of thought put into non matchdays and giving it all a bit of life.

Look, there is one even for the forum!

You get called a rag at the door.

1000018367.jpg

Was just thinking the hotel will most likely have a bar and restaurants / cafe that may well be open to the public non match day too. Plus during the week and non match weekends the hotels guests will want things open around the campus.

These units are independent of the hotel. The hotel starts at the first floor, with only a small entrance up to it at ground level. It has its own bars and restaurants at L1, which will likely be open to the general public too, as you say.

But these 4 or 5 f&b units seem their own thing, and don't share back of house with the hotel. It has been done a few times for bigger hotels in busy locations, with the two feeding off each other.

Apologies for swearing. I was going to remove the post. I’d had a few too many last night after a long day.

Lots of City fan, not only those of us who stand in SSL1, wanted a single tier initially. But once the North expansion plans were made public, and it was an expanded 2nd tier, a single tier was eventually forgotten about.

As for the channel, that’s their views and opinions, they are entitled to those. Haven’t watched the video.

Big Steve is right with his comments, the only way going to make the North Stand work is to fill with all City hardcore supporters who want to sing make noise etc, he is also right about the tourists etc put them in their own area

This is an easy job if you copy what the 3252 have done for LAFC

The 1894 could do amazing things, but they need to change as well and make their group more open so more and more people want to join. Better socials and website would help

Look at 3252

1894 can make a massive difference and be a catalyst for change but it is not helped by the club, chasing money instead of chasing an atmosphere, PEP wants an atmosphere.

City Matters & 1894 have been releasing statements where they are not happy with the club! And way certain certain things are happening around ticket prices, atmosphere and engagement with these groups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.