North Stand Expansion

It is our fan base. Why are you arguing when you didn't see what I saw. Loads of kids and people wearing City shirts and merchandise. If you want to convince yourself those people I saw aren't City fans, go ahead, but you are wrong.
They may be fans they may just be visitors that follow City or are buying stuff for others I don’t know whether they attend games or not, but our fan base is the same match going fan base it’s been for years ,As @Coatigan says, it may be our brand base but thats quite different.

I live in Bournemouth, so it is beyond my means to attend home games these days, but I used to be a regular at Maine Road through the dark years, despite living 80 miles away. It is quite annoying to read about ‘tourists’ from locals. Respect those who support City in any way, please.

nice to see that they bought 2 unfull bags of stuff at United , and then 2 bags+ at City. Give it another 10 years and it'll be all City bags.

I spoke to an Indian guy coming back from one of our games a couple of seasons ago. He had come to the UK to watch a United and City game. He told me he did the tour at both grounds and bought loads of souvenirs. They are football tourists and he will probably do the same in Liverpool and London at some point. The more successful we become and remain this worldwide interest will increase.

Agree 100% and I find that so strange, they are bitter and resent it, simply incredible.

When you see a kid like Savinhio come from the other side of the world and in dreamland at signing for us, you realise what a global giant we have become.

What an incredible and stunning transformation in just over a decade.
I don’t resent it doesn’t bother me in the slightest but @jrb seemed to be suggesting that our fan base ( which to me means match going fans)now consisted mainly of people that will visit the united shop then visit ours which ii doesn’t. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick.

I'll upload the pictures from inside and outside the Etihad, later on today.

PXL-20240721-135614913-MP-2.jpg
Kinnell ! I bet the scaffolding company are on a nice little earner

Agree 100% and I find that so strange, they are bitter and resent it, simply incredible.

When you see a kid like Savinhio come from the other side of the world and in dreamland at signing for us, you realise what a global giant we have become.

What an incredible and stunning transformation in just over a decade.
The amount of kids from all over the world, and from the UK, wearing City shirts, and doing the Etihad tour with their parents today was unreal.

I don’t resent it doesn’t bother me in the slightest but @jrb seemed to be suggesting that our fan base ( which to me means match going fans)now consisted mainly of people that will visit the united shop then visit ours which ii doesn’t. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick.
No I didn't suggest that at all? Did you read my posts properly throughout the day? And my latest post.

You can't have the best players in the world and charge £20 a ticket, plus financial fair play means you can't have cheap tickets.
Sadly this. Uefa, the FA, PL all responsible for placing so much emphasis on financial fair play and meanwhile the price of everything associated with the game grows exponentially year in year out.

Kinnell ! I bet the scaffolding company are on a nice little earner

I bet they are. But nowhere near as much as the company supplying the scaffolding for the town hall refurbishment. The whole town hall was covered in scaffolding at one point, and as been for the last 2 years. It 's very slowly coming down now.

No I didn't suggest that at all? Did you read my posts properly throughout the day? And my latest one?
Not all them probably no. But the picture of somebody with united and City bags with the comment ‘this is our fan base now’ was what it suggested to me you were saying. If it’s not what you meant, my apologies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.