North Stand Expansion

I used to stand in 110. I loved it. More so than 115. But I wanted to be in the new singing section so I relocated from 110 to 115.

It would be a shame to lose blocks 111, 110, and maybe 109 to the away fans, and I’m sure people in those blocks wouldn’t be happy about being moved, but it would give City a chance to move all the away fans out of SSL3, make that a full City tier, and give the already installed safe standing seats in the SSL3 away end over to City fans. ;-) That way 1000+ City fans could stand and sing on SSL3, whilst the other 5000 City fans in SSL3 could sit and watch the match. Something like that will probably happen on the new NSL2, so we’d have 2, L3 ends with (possible) safe standing and singers, as well as safe standing and singers on SSL1. Wow! Bring the fucking noise and the atmosphere! City! City! City! :-)

Just as importantly, moving 1000+ away fans from safe standing seats on SSL3 to blocks 111, 110 and 109 would impact their vocal support. Most of the away vocal support at the Etihad comes from the away end on SSL3. We should do what Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, etc have all done, and shove the majority of the away fans into a corner on L1 where they have little or no impact, and their support can hardly be heard.
As I said !!

No ssl3 will always be the no1 home end,We are the kippax
Bert......

"We are the North Stand"

......and there you have it.

Two ends competing with cross chanting,creating atmosphere and passion.

Several simple initiatives and organisation in NSL2 & SSL3, relocation of away fans, then leave the rest to us.....SIMPLES.

Hi @cpoverview

This is what the cable net looks like from the top of the south stand. I saw you get a lot of questions about it in your video comments so this may be worth showing to people who wonder what the view of the cable is like.

Pic was taken off here years ago.

View attachment 126241

Might need to circle it for them. If you don’t know what you are seeing

Crude for pace, but you get the point. Red is the current cables that will be transferred, green the new additional above. Off to the big game now.

View attachment 119516

There is also this from some time ago that showed where the original cable sits below the new cable. Much more obvious now than back at that stage of the build.

Hi @cpoverview

This is what the cable net looks like from the top of the south stand. I saw you get a lot of questions about it in your video comments so this may be worth showing to people who wonder what the view of the cable is like.

View attachment 126241
IMG_0861_edit.png
Hopefully a bit clearer - important thing is that it doesn't impede view of pitch even when sat right on back row of SSL3

Hi @cpoverview

View attachment 126241
Very clever it blends in well and doesn't impact on the view.

Spent about 4 hours today up and down in a mewp similar to the ones they use at the north stand. At a height of 30-42m. Still trying to shake my sea legs off, kudos to the guys doing it all day every day, fuck that for a laugh.

Appreciate the builders! They deserve all the tea they can get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.