North Stand Expansion

https://www.cooplive.com/pQv4biV/about-co-op-live Gaiety aren't mention there

However they are here
"SJM Holdings, which is the holding company of both SJM Concerts and rugby league club Warrington Wolves, has 182 shares. It is the same total as Gaiety Investments UK, the business run by Irish concerns promotor Denis Desmond"

Here is the breakdown of the share numbers I quoted
Ultimately Oak View and CFG are equal part owners
Not entirely true ,not sure how this works but I’m sure Oakview are owned by Silverlake who in turn own around 18% of City Football Group !

Not entirely true ,not sure how this works but I’m sure Oakview are owned by Silverlake who in turn own around 18% of City Football Group !
Silver Lake are investors in Oak View they don't own any company out right as far as I'm aware They don't list their % of investment in their "partner companies"
What is entirely true is the arena company is owned by the investors that I listed the fact that those companies have ownership models that overlap isn't really relevant

https://www.cooplive.com/pQv4biV/about-co-op-live Gaiety aren't mention there

However they are here
"SJM Holdings, which is the holding company of both SJM Concerts and rugby league club Warrington Wolves, has 182 shares. It is the same total as Gaiety Investments UK, the business run by Irish concerns promotor Denis Desmond"

Here is the breakdown of the share numbers I quoted
Ultimately Oak View and CFG are equal part owners
Do you think there is a chance it’s significant that one company is connected to rugby club ? Was there not talk of having other sports at the campus ?

Do you think there is a chance it’s significant that one company is connected to rugby club ? Was there not talk of having other sports at the campus ?
SJM promotions is Simon Moran. Big promoter in the UK and he was the bloke that got persuaded Take That to get back together before they started playing stadiums, and was also the man that got the Stone Roses back together as well as promoting loads of band tours for the last 30 odd years.

He owns Warrington Wolves - but any link with Rugby League and the Co-op / City is coincidental.

Moran and Desmond are onboard due to their connections in the tour business. Styles is involved as having a huge star for the PR of being involved will never harm a project.

I think ther
I’m going to be honest as I always am and try to be.

The group of singers who were stood at the back of 115 have been moved out by the club. That area is for wheelchair users and their helpers. The singers, including me, alway stood there, and as far as I was aware we never caused any problems or got in the way of the wheel chair users. We actually got to know some of the wheelchair users who used to join in with the singing. I’m not 100% sure, but there may have been a complaint about something from one of the wheelchair users, and the club may have acted upon that complaint? The singers that were stood at the back of 115 are now dispersed across 115. Some people will say they are back where they should have been standing in the first place. Fair enough.

The club also brought in stringent season ticket checks at the entrance of 115. Loads of lads and singers from other blocks in SSL1 used to go into 115 to join in with the singing. Now they can’t get into 115 because of the season ticket security checks.

You’re right about the atmosphere in 115 it’s definitely not as good and as loud as it used to be. I don’t think the 2 minute observation is correct, though. The singing and support in 115 isn’t as good as it used to be after the 115 season ticket clamp down began by the club.

I honestly don’t think a split safe standing and seating North stand L2 will work, if that is proposed by the club? 2 sets of fans, 1000’s on each side, wanting to stand and to wanting sing, or wanting to watch the match seated and not wanting to sing.

It’s will be similar to SSL3, but to a larger extent on North stand L2. For the Big games SSL3 stands and gets behind the team. For the lesser games, bar the block of standing City fans at the back of SSL3 trying to get the chants going and singing, the rest of SSL3 would rather sit and watch the game.(there’s nothing wrong with that) I think that will be replicated on North stand L2 if there is a safe standing and seated split? That’s just my opinion. It doesn’t mean I’m right.
I believe there will be sufficient demand and commitment from relocators and new fans to create the NS2 stand we all want and need.

I also believe that SSL3 will continue to be a second home end.

Imo SSL3 will benefit from ESL1 singers relocating up there and the club shifting away fans round the corner.

It can be achieved WITHOUT compromising segregation,security and bussing arrangements of away fans.

Those that have an interest in the long term 'holistic' development of an atmospheric stadium, rather than individual sectors/stands must try to influence the club to give EVERY advantage to City fans and every disadvantage to away fans.

It has been the opposite for far to long.....HOME RULE FOR CITY FANS !!

I think ther

I believe there will be sufficient demand and commitment from relocators and new fans to create the NS2 stand we all want and need.

Imo SSL3 will benefit from ESL1 singers relocating up there and the club shifting away fans round the corner.

It can be achieved WITHOUT compromising segregation,security and bussing arrangements of away fans.

Those that have an interest in the long term 'holistic' development of an atmospheric stadium, rather than individual sectors/stands must try to influence the club to give EVERY advantage to City fans and every disadvantage to away fans.

No ssl3 will always be the no1 home end,We are the kippax

I think ther

I used to stand in 110. I loved it. More so than 115. But I wanted to be in the new singing section so I relocated from 110 to 115.

It would be a shame to lose blocks 111, 110, and maybe 109 to the away fans, and I’m sure people in those blocks wouldn’t be happy about being moved, but it would give City a chance to move all the away fans out of SSL3, make that a full City tier, and give the already installed safe standing seats in the SSL3 away end over to City fans. ;-) That way 1000+ City fans could stand and sing on SSL3, whilst the other 5000 City fans in SSL3 could sit and watch the match. Something like that will probably happen on the new NSL2, so we’d have 2, L3 ends with (possible) safe standing and singers, as well as safe standing and singers on SSL1. Wow! Bring the fucking noise and the atmosphere! City! City! City! :-)

Just as importantly, moving 1000+ away fans from safe standing seats on SSL3 to blocks 111, 110 and 109 would impact their vocal support. Most of the away vocal support at the Etihad comes from the away end on SSL3. We should do what Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, etc have all done, and shove the majority of the away fans into a corner on L1 where they have little or no impact, and their support can hardly be heard.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.