North Stand Expansion

United aren’t looking for stadium money. So they say?? United are looking for transport and infrastructure money for the area surrounding a new Old Toilet. Which is strange, as Old Trafford is already served by 3 Metrolink stations, Old Trafford, Trafford Bar, and Wharfside. And is linked to the city centre by Chester Road, a duel carriageway.

There are a number of stops within easy walking distance of the ground:

• Old Trafford (Bury/Altrincham lines) - located next to the stadium
  • Trafford Bar (Altrincham/East Didsbury/Manchester Airport lines) - 10-minute walk.
  • Firswood (East Didsbury/Manchester Airport lines) - 10-minute walk.
  • Wharfside (Trafford Park line) - located a 15-minute walk from the stadium
What additional transport links and investment does Scruffy want?
Spot on. Old Trafford has as many transport links as Wembley. It is very easy to get away from. Also lots of street parking on the Chorlton side. It’s the only good thing about the stadium.

Reactions: jrb
I agree.

Until you see it the close up, you don’t realise how big the stand and whole construction site really is.

There’s going to be a lot of gobsmacked City fans and Ipswich fans at the first home game of the season.
Gobsmacked is a good way to describe it mate, I did take some pics but the site won't let me upload them

Reactions: jrb
United aren’t looking for stadium money. So they say?? United are looking for transport and infrastructure money for the area surrounding a new Old Toilet. Which is strange, as Old Trafford is already served by 3 Metrolink stations, Old Trafford, Trafford Bar, and Wharfside. And is linked to the city centre by Chester Road, a duel carriageway.

There are a number of stops within easy walking distance of the ground:

• Old Trafford (Bury/Altrincham lines) - located next to the stadium
  • Trafford Bar (Altrincham/East Didsbury/Manchester Airport lines) - 10-minute walk.
  • Firswood (East Didsbury/Manchester Airport lines) - 10-minute walk.
  • Wharfside (Trafford Park line) - located a 15-minute walk from the stadium
What additional transport links and investment does Scruffy want?
Multiple helipads.

Going slightly off topic whilst we’re touching on Scruffy Jim, the billionaire tax dodger, I can see this proposed new 90,000 - 100,000 United stadium having a retractable roof, like the Bernabéu, and a single tiered new Stretford End similar to Dortmund's Yellow Wall. Unfortunately it’s a frightening thought. I hope I’m wrong.

Going slightly off topic whilst we’re touching on Scruffy Jim, the billionaire tax dodger, I can see this proposed new 90,000 - 100,000 United stadium having a retractable roof, like the Bernabéu, and a single tiered new Stretford End similar to Dortmund's Yellow Wall. Unfortunately it’s a frightening thought. I hope I’m wrong.

Fuck the rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.