North Stand Expansion

They won’t get tax payers cash. There’s no precedence and more importantly the government has no money to give. Scruffy Jim won’t pay for it though and neither will the Glazers, it will only happen if they sell the club which is the whole point of his being there, to give it a lick of paint, get the planning permission, make it look like they know what they’re doing and hope they find someone gullible enough to be interested.

Agreed, no chance they build a new stadium.

They won’t get tax payers cash. There’s no precedence and more importantly the government has no money to give. Scruffy Jim won’t pay for it though and neither will the Glazers, it will only happen if they sell the club which is the whole point of his being there, to give it a lick of paint, get the planning permission, make it look like they know what they’re doing and hope they find someone gullible enough to be interested.
I hope your right, but don't underestimate this scruffy top hat, he won't be using his money for sure.

Someone I know who works at Co-op Live has mentioned the possibility of a bridge linking the hotel to the arena. Anyone else heard this or has it been mentioned before?

I’ve not heard about it or seen it mentioned anywhere.

There is a small bridge that links the Coop Live Arena over the canal to the other side of the Etihad Campus. It’s still currently closed. New bollards have been installed in front of the bridge on the stadium side of the bridge. I’ll get a picture the next time I’m down at the Etihad.

I might get a picture of the bridge this Sunday as I’m going into town to do a centre construction roundup. If not this Sunday, definitely next Sunday. I’m trying to leave a 2 week gap in-between the pictures so there is some visible change in the North stand, hotel, and across the construction site.

United aren’t looking for stadium money. So they say?? United are looking for transport and infrastructure money for the area surrounding a new Old Toilet. Which is strange, as Old Trafford is already served by 3 Metrolink stations, Old Trafford, Trafford Bar, and Wharfside. And is linked to the city centre by Chester Road, a duel carriageway.

There are a number of stops within easy walking distance of the ground:

• Old Trafford (Bury/Altrincham lines) - located next to the stadium
  • Trafford Bar (Altrincham/East Didsbury/Manchester Airport lines) - 10-minute walk.
  • Firswood (East Didsbury/Manchester Airport lines) - 10-minute walk.
  • Wharfside (Trafford Park line) - located a 15-minute walk from the stadium
What additional transport links and investment does Scruffy want?

United aren’t looking for stadium money. So they say?? United are looking for transport and infrastructure money for the area surrounding a new Old Toilet. Which is strange, as Old Trafford is already served by 3 Metrolink stations, Old Trafford, Trafford Bar, and Wharfside. And is linked to the city centre by Chester Road, a duel carriageway.

• Trafford Bar (Altrincham/East Didsbury/Manchester Airport lines) - 10-minute walk.
Haha, I think those tram stop walking times are to the real Old Trafford (cricket ground) but you are correct they are well served already.

The main issue is the train line and freight terminal next door to them. Moving the freight terminal might be beneficial to the rest of Manchester tbh.

High speed link direct to the home counties is what they really need

I’ve not heard about it or seen it mentioned anywhere.

There is a small bridge that links the Coop Live Arena over the canal to the other side of the Etihad Campus. It’s still currently closed. New bollards have been installed in front of the bridge on the stadium side of the bridge. I’ll get a picture the next time I’m down at the Etihad.

I might get a picture of the bridge this Sunday as I’m going into town to do a centre construction roundup. If not this Sunday, definitely next Sunday. I’m trying to leave a 2 week gap in-between the pictures so there is some visible change in the North stand, hotel, and across the construction site.
On Google maps it is shown as Loverose Street off Gibbon Street. It was being used when we played West Ham on the last day of the season for people going to the Barry Manilow concert.

On Google maps it is shown as Loverose Street off Gibbon Street. It was being used when we played West Ham on the last day of the season for people going to the Barry Manilow concert.
Used to be called Forge Lane back in the old days, running generally north to south connecting to Ashton New Road, the one there now north of the arena runs in a different direction though. Just been looking at some old maps and didn’t realise there was an offshoot of the canal that ran south into wharfs (I assume) near there, just east of the locks.

I hope your right, but don't underestimate this scruffy top hat, he won't be using his money for sure.
He, INEOS, don't have a good track record with using government funding he reneged on a deal to build his Defender-rip-off in Wales costing the Welsh Government >£30M

Chris Elmore, MP for Ogmore in Bridgend, tweeted the decision was a “crushing blow” for the area.

He wrote: “The highly-skilled and dedicated workforce in Ogmore, Bridgend and surrounding areas would have risen to the challenge. Today’s news is a hammer blow.

“That Brexit is clearly a major factor at play is a bitter pill to swallow. Ineos owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe was a vocal Brexiteer, loudly proclaiming the benefits of leaving the EU. Today, we can see his claims are as hollow as his promises.”

Can't find it now but RATCliffe said in his statement, about the Bridgend plant, that this is what "INEOS is all about supporting British workers", less than a year later he had decided to support French workers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.