North Stand Expansion

Starting to feel mixed emotions about the North Stand expansion. The hotel, museum, forecourt and most of the seating will cost a bomb. Doubt we'll see affordable fair-priced football again when this all opens.
I am looking forward to it big time. If I can get my wife a ticket for a FA cup tie we will try to book the hotel for an overnight stay after the match. No queuing for the metrolink and a leisurely trip home the day after.

The Police arrive around the 45th minute into the video.
The video lasts 1:12 minutes.

I visit Manchester City stadium, where security tell me no drones allowed. Police turn up and it gets a whole lot worse.

WUM knobehad this bloke and his ilk (‘Auditers’, not you jrb!).

Their channels exist to act like smarmy argumentative cockends just to wind people up going about their daily jobs.

Last edited:
The trouble with this is, that pillock who challenged the Security Staff and had to chat to the two coppers actually KNOWS the rules and has just done this to provoke a response from people he knows are unlikely to know the rules, despite him knowing he is actually in the clear (when the stadium is basically empty of course) - but that wouldn't provide any entertaining content for his 'channel' would it?

BTW I am actually a drone owner, and am correctly registered as an operator and a flyer, but currently NOT flying at the moment as my drone is an older heavy one which would need additional registration, insurance blah blah etc - when I get around to buying a new DJI Mini which is under the 250g limited I will start flying again. May be at the Etihad? ;-)

There was another a few weeks back at the Swamp where the flyer (probably the same guy) did EXACTLY the same thing - he provoked the security staff similarly and then from just off rag property flew his drone over the top of the swamp winding them up!
That’s all these ‘auditors’ do. They don’t provide interesting videos with good information and good shots with the camera (like our resident drone videoer @cpoverview does)… instead they’re a sort of reality entertainment where their sole purpose is to challenge people, argue the toss, cause a scene and basically be as much of a **** as possible so there’s an altercation or the Police turn up.

Bunch of absolute wankers all these ‘auditors’.

I have got a drone which is still boxed and unopened. There are too many rules and regulations, as well as getting insurance, etc, for me to be bothered to learn how to fly the drone safely and properly. I'll leave it to the professional drone flyers like CP Overview who produce excellent drone videos
Professional is going a bit far, the drone makes it easy, I have no idea how a camera works, it’s set to auto and I fly about.
The actual test to fly the bigger drones in all honesty is a farce, you have to get 80% to pass, most of the questions are common sense, my wife done the mock exam and got 78% without knowing anything about drones or the rules!
If you ever do decide to get your drone out the box give me a shout, can have you up and flying in about 10 minutes

Professional is going a bit far, the drone makes it easy, I have no idea how a camera works, it’s set to auto and I fly about.
The actual test to fly the bigger drones in all honesty is a farce, you have to get 80% to pass, most of the questions are common sense, my wife done the mock exam and got 78% without knowing anything about drones or the rules!
If you ever do decide to get your drone out the box give me a shout, can have you up and flying in about 10 minutes

Thanks for the offer CPO, but I’ll leave the drone flying to you.

Even with plenty of practice and flying time, if I had that amount of spare time, which I haven’t, not to mention editing the videos, etc, I doubt very much I’d produce drone videos anywhere near as good as your drone videos.

I’ll stick to the much easier task of taking pictures.

I have got a drone which is still boxed and unopened. There are too many rules and regulations, as well as getting insurance, etc, for me to be bothered to learn how to fly the drone safely and properly. I'll leave it to the professional drone flyers like CP Overview who produce excellent drone videos
I remember the trepidation I felt when I first flew mine - did a bit in the back garden and then went out into the centre of a field near me and got comfortable with how it flew and what the results were like - biggest challenge for me was ALWAYS flying over water, Peak Forest Canal and River Goyt down in the Stockport part of the Goyt Valley. Never flew it will-fully over any people.

You should go and get out there - as I said up the thread once I get a new one I will too again

This is the drone.

I bought it from JL quite a while ago.

It should have been £949. I paid £285 in the clearance section.

The dents in the box are from the alarm that was attached to the box. The box still sealed

IMG-3005.jpg

This is the drone.

I bought it from JL quite a while ago.

It should have been £949. I paid £285 in the clearance section.

The dents in the box are from the alarm that was attached to the box. The box still sealed

IMG-3005.jpg
Lovely as it is (and its a good one) its problem is that it is a 1kg drone - as mine is (its an old Parrot Bebop2), I'm going to get a DJI Mini variant which is under the 250g weight limit to reduce the chance of any issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.