North Stand Expansion

Going slightly off topic whilst we’re touching on Scruffy Jim, the billionaire tax dodger, I can see this proposed new 90,000 - 100,000 United stadium having a retractable roof, like the Bernabéu, and a single tiered new Stretford End similar to Dortmund's Yellow Wall. Unfortunately it’s a frightening thought. I hope I’m wrong.
So an extra 2 billion of high interest debt & an extra 20,000 rags screaming how shit they are.

Going slightly off topic whilst we’re touching on Scruffy Jim, the billionaire tax dodger, I can see this proposed new 90,000 - 100,000 United stadium having a retractable roof, like the Bernabéu, and a single tiered new Stretford End similar to Dortmund's Yellow Wall. Unfortunately it’s a frightening thought. I hope I’m wrong.
It’s what happens on the pitch that wins trophies

Your wrong!!

I just can’t see the glazers agreeing to a £2b investment with no immediate return.
It will increase the value of the club but not by anywhere near £2b
It goes against everything the glazers have done so far.
I think it’s a jam tomorrow feel good factor for the rag fans to boost season ticket sales.
Unless scruffy Jim gets funding then this project will be pie in the sky

Let them get halfway through construction, then we’ll announce bigger and better. If that’s the game they want to play.

I just can’t see the glazers agreeing to a £2b investment with no immediate return.
It will increase the value of the club but not by anywhere near £2b
It goes against everything the glazers have done so far.
I think it’s a jam tomorrow feel good factor for the rag fans to boost season ticket sales.
Unless scruffy Jim gets funding then this project will be pie in the sky
The only owners who could afford this sort of investment are overseas BUT most don’t have the political nouse or will to get it done with UK planning rules. Scruffy Jim is there to get that stage done and dusted using his UK contacts but the plan will be to sell up with planning in place, just ask Dion Dublin it’s a big selling point ;).

The Glazers haven’t got the money and SJ is getting on a bit, he’ll be 75 at least by the time it’s built.

So an extra 2 billion of high interest debt & an extra 20,000 rags screaming how shit they are.

5 per cent minimum interest on circa £3bn debt (in total) would be a challenge even for the Rags balance sheet. Personally, I still think the Rags have other debts buried offshore - the old PIK a notes that suddenly disappeared were not likely to have been paid up by the Glazers and are probably a restructuring debt in the Cayman Islands. Investors (Scruffy Jim aside) didn’t find them an attractive proposition when they hawked themselves around the markets recently, loading them with more debt won’t change that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.