North Stand Expansion

I always thought the “original” plans for the redevelopment from the early-80s looked quite good though, especially the idea for the executive boxes to be suspended from the new Main stand roof. Although I do question now whether that was ever technically possible, and it was just my young self being conned by another Swales lie (first of many sadly).
And the car park on the main stand roof

It was smaller than a stand built by Stockport County and looked like something you’d see a mid Championship club build.
Cant remember wether it was King of the Kippax or Blueprint that printed an artists impression of a redeveloped Maine Rd back in the day...It looked blooming awful imo, but I thought the Platt Lane development in reality was even more of an arse boil

I always thought the “original” plans for the redevelopment from the early-80s looked quite good though, especially the idea for the executive boxes to be suspended from the new Main stand roof. Although I do question now whether that was ever technically possible, and it was just my young self being conned by another Swales lie (first of many sadly).
The hung executive boxes were stopped due to fire regs Swales was great in publicity but in reality he didn’t have a pot to piss in and ripped off the club to fund his lifestyle he had big personal debts secured in his City shares

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.