North Stand Expansion

Slightly off topic but I thought the lighting/signage of the arena was going to be all the way around and not just in the corners? Is this something to come later?
I'd presumed from the plans that it was going to be a screen the whole way around but in fact the screens are only on three corners of it. The rest of that top layer is done by dynamic downlighting and only lit at night

Attachments

• 1000012245.jpg
    1000012245.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Highlights of progress
- base for the fifth and final crane for the office block is in
- base for the pit of one of the two cores in the office block is underway
- the lift pit and stair core base is in underneath the eastern steel tower cantelever, and a few founds for the steel to come off upwards to meet it
- the frames for the barrier hoarding behind the final row of retained seats of the north stand is in, they'll be looking to board that off before the Ipswich game. As others mentioned earlier the yellow platform bases are gone too.
- some of the temporary roof infil layer is back on, maybe 30% of it.
- steel now ongoing to the side of the eastern tower as well.

You can really grasp how big and imposing that stand will be when it's done. It's going to make a racket for the big games, and going to be very intimidating for the opposition.

You can really start to see the footprint of the stadium once its complete and just how big its going to be. Must almost double the size of the stadium.

Also love how the overall campus is starting to look. With the athletics arena looking smart, the co op, the new stand and everything else, it really is finally starting to look like the world class campus we all hoped it would.

Sor
You can really grasp how big and imposing that stand will be when it's done. It's going to make a racket for the big games, and going to be very intimidating for the opposition.
Sorrano has got it pre sold for all inclusive tourists from Yanky Doodle and Japan....
Etihad flights*
Hotel
Museum
SuperDooper Store
Lunch in Vermilion
Match Seat
£699
*Flights extra

Form an orderly please and have the right change !!

Picture credIt CP Overview.

Thanks again CP Overview.

Great shots of the Etihad…..,

IMG-2441.jpg

IMG-2440.jpg

IMG-2428.jpg

IMG-2433.jpg

and of the City Football Academy, which without doubt is one of the best football training facilities in the world.

IMG-2439.jpg

Last edited:
I was a ST holder in the 'new' Platt Lane and really liked the stand...
I moved into it for one season as we had been moved out of the North Stand for the Spurs cup tie if I remember correctly. Only stayed for one season because it was absolute shite.
My first season ticket was in Maroon Block 3 of the Platt Lane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.