North Stand Expansion

I'm not well up on planning but i didnt think things like, moving turnstiles, isolation and taking down temp structures required planning permissions.
There was a second application for relocating the club shop and associated work which is probably going on here !

I'm not well up on planning but i didnt think things like, moving turnstiles, isolation and taking down temp structures required planning permissions.

Not really, not if it is of any notable scale. Depends on the extent and impact, and most of all accessibility arrangements. In this case significant enough to need approval.

There are two separate approvals in place. 'Alterations to concourse to improve access and egress and associated works' which was approved in June and covers moving turnstiles, exits and gates etc (ref. 136949/FO/23). And one for the club shop and associated relocation works which covers the temporary structures etc. (136433/FO/23). There is even an approval for the trial pits and site investigation etc granted in June, as it apparently affects access around the stadium.

Not that the details matter I suppose, the club will obviously do everything professionally and by the book. I'm pointing it out more to counter the perception that 'they must be so confident they'll get approval for the big one that they have already started'. They most likely Are confident they will get approval, and they Have already started, but what they started is fully covered separately, as it should be.

It’s a very long read. Good luck to anyone who decides to read it all. Definitely worth looking through at least.

136763/FO/2023 - Etihad Stadium (North Stand), Etihad Campus, Manchester, M11 3FF - Ancoats & Beswick Ward
pdf icon
PDF 4 MB

The report of the Director of Planning, Building Control and Licensing is enclosed.

Recommendation Minded to Approve subject to the signing of a section 106 agreement with regards monies for a movement strategy
around the Etihad Campus, community use, local labour commitments and waste management arrangements
Article 35 Declaration

Officers have worked with the applicant in a positive and proactive manner based on seeking solutions to problems arising in relation to dealing with the planning application. Pre application advice has been sought in respect of this matter where early discussions took place regarding the siting/layout, scale, design and appearance of the development along with other matters. The proposal is considered to be acceptable and therefore determined within a timely manner.

It’s a very long read. Good luck to anyone who decides to read it all. Definitely worth looking through at least.

136763/FO/2023 - Etihad Stadium (North Stand), Etihad Campus, Manchester, M11 3FF - Ancoats & Beswick Ward
pdf icon
PDF 4 MB

The report of the Director of Planning, Building Control and Licensing is enclosed.

Recommendation Minded to Approve subject to the signing of a section 106 agreement with regards monies for a movement strategy
around the Etihad Campus, community use, local labour commitments and waste management arrangements
Article 35 Declaration

Officers have worked with the applicant in a positive and proactive manner based on seeking solutions to problems arising in relation to dealing with the planning application. Pre application advice has been sought in respect of this matter where early discussions took place regarding the siting/layout, scale, design and appearance of the development along with other matters. The proposal is considered to be acceptable and therefore determined within a timely manner.

IMG_7425.jpeg

I wonder what the split is of utd v City supporting councillors who will be voting on this.
It's a lady apparently who will decide or rather approve ! Why do you think City have moved the club shop and started some ground work if they didn't already know it would be approved !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.