North Stand Expansion

Ha I said it before having read it. I don't think many might appreciate it, but the club have been very clever, splitting this into effectively 5 separate applications. Ensuring that at no point are they sat waiting on the wheels of processing turning. The boards would have needed an advertising consent anyway, but leaving it out of this one means less risk and channels obvious objections elsewhere. Similarly the 3 other applications around the grounds mean they can start multiple parts without waiting for this one, and control their build timeframe. Have to say, the planners have done really well to get this to committee for the end of July, it is faster than I would have expected. Particularly if you consider they also processed 4 other applications for the club simultaneously. But at the time of submitting the club obviously wouldn't gamble on that vs waiting all summer to get consent, hence they got in 3 smaller, less contentious applications which are below the committee threshold, to allow them to start when they intended. Now to just sit back and watch this go through, and then the headlines start all over again.
It's all approved bar the formalities.

They'll probably give a nod to the extension of the extension,taking the capacity upto 85000.

Mars will be next....the UAE have one of the most advanced space exploration programmes in the world !!

Been posted before, but what the hell, let’s remind ourselves what the new North stand home end will look like.

View attachment 87142

View attachment 87143
The only things I would change about the North Stand are the following, get rid of the GA+ section and replace it with a double-sided goalline bar at the moment have the GA+ section in there it like having the tunnel club in the middle of the yellow wall in Dortmund

Put bigger fins on the outside of the hotel as just now it does look like a travel lodge as noted below, having the bigger fins on the hotel would make the building look more iconic next to the COOP live and also could be used to cover the rest of the stadium once the ground is up to 80,000, please see TQL Stadium which has used the same type of design on there stadium and using technology to make it look amazing at night

1689922187116.png

1689922280281.png
1689922349215.png
1689922453895.png

1689922919115.png

Last edited:
The only things I would change about the North Stand are the following, get rid of the GA+ section and replace it with a double-sided goalline bar at the momomet have the GA+ section in there it like having the tunnel club in the middle of the yellow wall in Dortmund

Put bigger fins on the outside of the hotel as just now it does look like a travel lodge as noted below, having the bigger fins on the hotel would make the builing look more inconic next to the COOP live and also could be used to cover the rest of the staduim once the ground is up to 80,000, please see TQL Staduim which has used the same type of design on there staduim and using technogloy to make it look amazing at night

View attachment 87165

View attachment 87168
View attachment 87169
View attachment 87170

View attachment 87171

The CGI's are pretty poor, I'd expect it to look a lot better in person than it does in those. There's a lot of detail to capture but whoever they've used hasn't managed to do it very well. When you look at all of the details around the hotel designs it should look okay.

Ultimately it is a bolt on feature which has to provide a service 365 days a year, whilst the football ground is used far less frequently. I don't think there's a lot more they could have done with the layout, and whilst the design doesn't really blow you away, the more quality the higher the costs of staying there ultimately and that's the balance.

That's why regardless of what they're doing in the UAE I've never expected to see the same quality here. The stadium has looked warn out for a while yet they just stick posters around it. The return on investment is much higher in the middle east, and the planning hurdles and other considerations don't exist.

The only things I would change about the North Stand are the following, get rid of the GA+ section and replace it with a double-sided goalline bar at the momomet have the GA+ section in there it like having the tunnel club in the middle of the yellow wall in Dortmund

Put bigger fins on the outside of the hotel as just now it does look like a travel lodge as noted below, having the bigger fins on the hotel would make the builing look more inconic next to the COOP live and also could be used to cover the rest of the staduim once the ground is up to 80,000, please see TQL Staduim which has used the same type of design on there staduim and using technogloy to make it look amazing at night

View attachment 87165

View attachment 87168
View attachment 87169
View attachment 87170

View attachment 87171
Although I do like the look of the TQL Stadium you're ignoring the very obvious fact that a stadium and a hotel have very different requirements. There is no way you can block so much natural light from the hotel rooms and then have them lit up like a red light district at night.

The CGI's are pretty poor, I'd expect it to look a lot better in person than it does in those. There's a lot of detail to capture but whoever they've used hasn't managed to do it very well. When you look at all of the details around the hotel designs it should look okay.

Ultimately it is a bolt on feature which has to provide a service 365 days a year, whilst the football ground is used far less frequently. I don't think there's a lot more they could have done with the layout, and whilst the design doesn't really blow you away, the more quality the higher the costs of staying there ultimately and that's the balance.

That's why regardless of what they're doing in the UAE I've never expected to see the same quality here. The stadium has looked warn out for a while yet they just stick posters around it. The return on investment is much higher in the middle east, and the planning hurdles and other considerations don't exist.
I've been thinking that about the CGI's for awhile, I'll hold fire until it's built myself before slating it. I highly doubt they're changing anything now anyway.

View attachment 87165

View attachment 87168
View attachment 87169
View attachment 87170

View attachment 87171
I agree the hotel is a truly monstrous design but I don’t care as I won’t be looking at it much. I’d much prefer the hotel to not be connected to the stadium but maybe it’ll look better with a final wrap when the east and west stands are done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.