North Stand Expansion

So who is on plane committee watching duties today?

If I'm still in the office when it gets to the application I'll be watching, but a fair amount to chew through first so I'd imagine I'll be gone before they get to the application. Should sail through.

If I'm still in the office when it gets to the application I'll be watching, but a fair amount to chew through first so I'd imagine I'll be gone before they get to the application. Should sail through.

I think we all agree it should sail through. Still, I imagine it is interesting for some to watch. Might even beat the transfer show, who knows.

8 projects to discuss plus all the procedural stuff. Even if they can keep them to 20 minutes each, which won't be the case for all, it will probably go on a while. Might go into the evening. I imagine this one taking up the bulk of the meeting though.

They don't always stick to the order as published, sometimes they tackle the biggest first. Or try get a couple small ones out of the way and then hit it.

15 councillors voting, so should not really end in a draw, but betting on unanimous wouldn't be absurd.

Thanks mate, just a suggestion maybe leasing them as the schools do would be the answer, a lot of new schools have a bus car park built-in. The train is a no-goer at the moment, if you look at Wembley it is served by a tube line and station, Etihad Campus all has a tram line at the moment
Yeah that might work mate. We come off route at the moment to do the school run if we are short of buses/drivers or due to break downs. We also recently added a new college campus to a route. I suppose the club needs to look into it as a viable way to cut down on traffic. I mean why would you have 4 persons in 4 cars taking up the road space of 1 bus that can carry about 80 people. Also bus fares are subsidised at the moment so I think more fans need to leave the car at home or park it close to a bus route.

Yeah that might work mate. We come off route at the moment to do the school run if we are short of buses/drivers or due to break downs. We also recently added a new college campus to a route. I suppose the club needs to look into it as a viable way to cut down on traffic. I mean why would you have 4 persons in 4 cars taking up the road space of 1 bus that can carry about 80 people. Also bus fares are subsidised at the moment so I think more fans need to leave the car at home or park it close to a bus route.
It’s the cost, still. Even with subsidised bus travel and even if you can get one bus direct to the campus, it’s 4 x£4 vs parking/petrol. Those needing multiple buses makes it £5 each minimum. Those needing bus/tram and it becomes £7.80, or over £30 for 4, >£600 over a season. Not to mention how many times buses get fucked up along the way or just go from every 15mins to hourly at night - even within the GM region.

If people are to be converted into bus users then they need an incentive. For me it’s the ability to have a few drinks, make a day of it. Having to drive to pick up a bus has no appeal to me and probably many others. We need decent bus services running down Alan Turing Way from the North and South to go with the East and West existing routes in my view. A direct bus from Bury to Stockport or something like that missing out the traffic disaster that is the city centre.

I’m sure that City will have been or are in discussion with TfM & the rail companies re the viability of improved and additional rail links.

Much of the basic infrastructure remains from yesteryear and it shouldn’t be beyond the wit of man to find or create a solution, after all man has walked on the moon !!

Etihad Rail are expanding their network across MENA & SW Asia and could potentially be involved in a JV with other stakeholders to benefit the whole of East Manchester specifically and Manchester generally.

Additionally,the metro must be replanned & reorganised on match and concert days so as to meet forecast and established demand.

Currently it’s a moving advertisement for ineptitude and incompetence. Passenger useage will increase if it simply fulfills its primary purpose....efficient,cost effective mass transit of Mancunian tax payers.

I’m sure that City will have been or are in discussion with TfM & the rail companies re the viability of improved and additional rail links.

Much of the basic infrastructure remains from yesteryear and it shouldn’t be beyond the wit of man to find or create a solution, after all man has walked on the moon !!

Etihad Rail are expanding their network across MENA & SW Asia and could potentially be involved in a JV with other stakeholders to benefit the whole of East Manchester specifically and Manchester generally.

Additionally,the metro must be replanned & reorganised on match and concert days so as to meet forecast and established demand.

Currently it’s a moving advertisement for ineptitude and incompetence. Passenger useage will increase if it simply fulfills its primary purpose....efficient,cost effective mass transit of Mancunian tax payers.
Totally agree a railway station is a must, someone needs to have a word with Andy Burham, look at what Aston Villa are doing with their new North Stand it has a link up to the station

It’s the cost, still. Even with subsidised bus travel and even if you can get one bus direct to the campus, it’s 4 x£4 vs parking/petrol. Those needing multiple buses makes it £5 each minimum. Those needing bus/tram and it becomes £7.80, or over £30 for 4, >£600 over a season. Not to mention how many times buses get fucked up along the way or just go from every 15mins to hourly at night - even within the GM region.

If people are to be converted into bus users then they need an incentive. For me it’s the ability to have a few drinks, make a day of it. Having to drive to pick up a bus has no appeal to me and probably many others. We need decent bus services running down Alan Turing Way from the North and South to go with the East and West existing routes in my view. A direct bus from Bury to Stockport or something like that missing out the traffic disaster that is the city centre.
Bus fares are max £2 at the moment...subsidised till October then £2.50 max for a further year. For multiple journeys you can buy a day saver for £5 which if you are making more than 2 journeys saves £3 on your 4 journeys as you wouldn't make 3 journeys...even if you did you would still save a pound.

If you don't think getting a bus has appeal then fine...sit in your car along with thousands of others eating petrol tapping your steering wheel and watching the bus fly down the bus lane.

I do agree though there needs to be better routes to the stadium or tram stations...unfortunately a little walking might need to be done as well...but that's good exercise right?

Where there is a will there is a way....it'll probably get sorted....eventually.

These decisions normally come in after business hours, we will know by tomorrow morning. I say just chill until then and let the committee do their thing.

Bus fares are max £2 at the moment...subsidised till October then £2.50 max for a further year. For multiple journeys you can buy a day saver for £5 which if you are making more than 2 journeys saves £3 on your 4 journeys as you wouldn't make 3 journeys...even if you did you would still save a pound.

If you don't think getting a bus has appeal then fine...sit in your car along with thousands of others eating petrol tapping your steering wheel and watching the bus fly down the bus lane.

I do agree though there needs to be better routes to the stadium or tram stations...unfortunately a little walking might need to be done as well...but that's good exercise right?

Where there is a will there is a way....it'll probably get sorted....eventually.
Yes £2 for one way but I want to go back home after the game!

Aaannnddd … what bus lanes? Try going from Bury to Manchester and apart from the one near Heaton Park there aren’t any other decent ones. Its either 45 mins in a car or 90 mins over 2 or 3 buses for me.

Totally agree a railway station is a must, someone needs to have a word with Andy Burham, look at what Aston Villa are doing with their new North Stand it has a link up to the station

Think others that are much better informed than most of us have explained before why there isn't going to be a railway station.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.