North Stand Expansion

Liverpool having to play their first few home games with a reduced capacity following delays and are then having to have a phased opening of their new upper tier extension. City did very well to only ever have to reduce capacity during the South Stand build by 100s rather than 1000s.

They will probably be looking at a capacity reduction of at least 2,000 on last year numbers until they can get it open

If I remember correctly it was only the top row/rows of the South Stand Level 2 which got moved for the redevelopment?

Probably similar for the North stand too I would imagine

If I remember correctly it was only the top row/rows of the South Stand Level 2 which got moved for the redevelopment?

Yep, we'll lose some corporate capacity I should imagine but I should imagine it'll end up being a total of about 800 or so maximum

I think we all agree it should sail through. Still, I imagine it is interesting for some to watch. Might even beat the transfer show, who knows.

8 projects to discuss plus all the procedural stuff. Even if they can keep them to 20 minutes each, which won't be the case for all, it will probably go on a while. Might go into the evening. I imagine this one taking up the bulk of the meeting though.

They don't always stick to the order as published, sometimes they tackle the biggest first. Or try get a couple small ones out of the way and then hit it.

15 councillors voting, so should not really end in a draw, but betting on unanimous wouldn't be absurd.

Yeah they may swap things about. There are a couple of contentious applications based on the objections received, but I haven't spent any time looking in detail. They tend to like to get the controversial ones on first to give them the time they require. Will listen at 2pm to see if they've changed the agenda around.

It’s the cost, still. Even with subsidised bus travel and even if you can get one bus direct to the campus, it’s 4 x£4 vs parking/petrol. Those needing multiple buses makes it £5 each minimum. Those needing bus/tram and it becomes £7.80, or over £30 for 4, >£600 over a season. Not to mention how many times buses get fucked up along the way or just go from every 15mins to hourly at night - even within the GM region.

If people are to be converted into bus users then they need an incentive. For me it’s the ability to have a few drinks, make a day of it. Having to drive to pick up a bus has no appeal to me and probably many others. We need decent bus services running down Alan Turing Way from the North and South to go with the East and West existing routes in my view. A direct bus from Bury to Stockport or something like that missing out the traffic disaster that is the city centre.
If the principle is accepted and actioned by ALL the stakeholders the practicalities of function are relatively simple,priority bus lanes,traffic signals,diversions,convoys etc.

When we were in Hamburg we experienced an integrated matchday mass transit system in action that was included in the ticket price.

A P/P structure is the way forad, but it will take imagination and acceptance of the art of the possible.

45 minutes on the first one so far and still going. It is 4th on the agenda (the Stand is 7th), so they aren't going in order. Unless they bump it up the order, could go on well into the evening. Councillors waffling on a fair bit, the rest generally sticking to their allocated time.

Last edited:

Could be vastly different and still not known, the two rows in the south were lost whilst building a standalone tier above, the north stand will tie into part of the existing tiers.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.