North Stand Expansion

Remote parking hubs was partly in my thinking but also buses direct to places like bury where I live and plenty to stockport which has plenty of blues but no direct public transport link at present.

Remote ish parking hubs will happen anyway naturally as when the chaos starts, people like me will get dropped off and picked up by family/ friends/ Ubers a few hundred yards away in the thousands.

just to reiterate the buses could be used by gm transport during the week for extra rush hour capacity As a shared resource.

really metrolink need to up there game massively as buscalone won’t be enough. Minimum 3 double to ashton and 6 to town need be queued up and away from the Etihad within 15 mins off full time.
The Middleton Rd side of Heaton Park would be good from the north with decent links to trunk roads and motorways.

Power issues is probably why they don’t just throw more trams on. For us from Bury then the Sandhills stop might be useful when it gets built as that will be a manageable walk for most and will mean we can avoid the city centre or just run shuttle buses up ATW to Queens Road/Irish centre with a Monsall stop for the Oldham line (although I wouldn’t want to be there at night - maybe Central Park would be better). It would need a bus lane up ATW though.
Sounds good to me

It's great that the stand got the go-ahead and it is the stand that a vast majority of the people wanted, but there are still fundamental issues and some small issues that need to be sorted.

The fundamental issue that needs to be sorted out as soon as possible is the traffic at the stadium and no sign of a train station or other improvements regarding transport this will come to a head with the COOP live to open its doors and also the stadium is in use.

The club can build amazing entertainment space but a vast majority of people will still leave after 90 mons to go home. The east solution is to build a station but where????, as I said yesterday the club should lease some buses that go to a park and ride in the city the club would make money by having adverts all over the buses this is a short-term solution to a major problem.

The other small problem that needs to be sorted is what was raised in objections raised with the council planners is the design of the hotel as I said before in my post the design of the outside of the hotel could be amended easily enough by installing a large sail design instead of the small fin design they have gone with.

The other small issue is the GA+ section in the new North Stand, 1894 and City Matters are supposed to be having a meeting with Danny Wilson about this but still to this day nothing.

@Manchester33 & @trevorriley

Last edited:
Can I criticize this?

I really, really, hate it.

It looks stuck on and an after thought.

It really doesn't lend itself to the exterior shape of the stadium or tie in with it.

It's a dreadful and lazy piece of architecture.

Enlarged, hence being slightly blurred.

External.

Screenshot_20230728-141300~2.png

Internal. (windows)

Screenshot_20230728-140627~3.png

Can I criticize this?

It really doesn't lend itself to the exterior shape of the stadium or tie in with it.

External.

View attachment 88030

Internal. (windows)

View attachment 88029

For education purposes, I can tell you the areas you refer to are in relation to long term planning and where the sides will join up to when expanded a few years from now. There's nothing dreadful or lazy about it really, in fact, it's to help avoid design issues which have plagued stadiums such as Old Trafford where the corners don't link in properly with the sides. It might not look pristinely perfect right now, but the design will make the architects and builders jobs a lot easier several years from now and give us a much better final result. To be honest, they're doing a much better job of 'fudging' the corners than they did with the South Stand...

Can I criticize this?

External.

View attachment 88030

Internal. (windows)

View attachment 88029

Jrb, in a few years time when you an me are walking round the stadium carrying a big bag of flags ready for yet another UCL semi final Vs madrid, you will be saying "you know what, its growing on me now this little extension" :-)

Can I criticize this?

External.

View attachment 88030

Internal. (windows)

View attachment 88029
To improve atmosphere and the way the noise travels, as most requested on here, there has to be an enclosed feeling to it rather than the gaping-ness of the South end. The noise should reverberate well of that boxy feel of the interior and the exterior section will fit in well with the squared off hotel and other attachments

Power issues is probably why they don’t just throw more trams on. For us from Bury then the Sandhills stop might be useful when it gets built as that will be a manageable walk for most and will mean we can avoid the city centre or just run shuttle buses up ATW to Queens Road/Irish centre with a Monsall stop for the Oldham line (although I wouldn’t want to be there at night - maybe Central Park would be better). It would need a bus lane up ATW though.
just looked up sandhills again I remember now that it’s a fair way off, prob looking at 30 min walk or 8 to 10 mins on a shuttle bus from the stadium. Would have to be bus for most! On the subject of upping the power from stadium line only, anybody know how possible this is and idea on cost of upgrading if so?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.