North Stand Expansion

The lead town and country planner who happens to be a lady by the name of Atkinson will brief the councilors on her recommendations and provide details for any queries or objections made ! My father was a councilor just because they sit on a particular committee such as housing or planning doesn't mean they have any degree of knowledge on the subject and that l is why the town and country planner leads the meeting ! I can assure that there's not a snowball in he'll chance permission will not be granted !
Is she fat & round?

Maybe you could drive them the rest of the week pal? There’s quite a need for buses in and out of Manchester both rush hours.

think of it as a joint venture between city and the council. And not the first one.
Let City focus on running a football club and the local authorities/bus operators sort out the buses.

We get this rubbish all too frequently calling on the club to buy a fleet of advanced buses needed for around 28-29 matchdays a year. They might be used for two to three hours before the match and one to two hours after.

So they would be used for 29 out of 365 days and for around 5 hours each day. That adds up to 1.65% of the time. what the hell will they do with them (and their crew) for the remaining 98.35% of the time?

It would make far more sense argue that the club strike a German-style deal with the transport operators to give any City ticket holder free transport with Greater Manchester every matchday.

Let City focus on running a football club and the local authorities/bus operators sort out the buses.

We get this rubbish all too frequently calling on the club to buy a fleet of advanced buses needed for around 28-29 matchdays a year. They might be used for two to three hours before the match and one to two hours after.

So they would be used for 29 out of 365 days and for around 5 hours each day. That adds up to 1.65% of the time. what the hell will they do with them (and their crew) for the remaining 98.35% of the time?

It would make far more sense argue that the club strike a German-style deal with the transport operators to give any City ticket holder free transport with Greater Manchester every matchday.
That would be great but won’t work unfortunately. See the tram as an example of what happens with transport operators. City and oakview will need to co invest with the council or when we go to 62k even without other events on there will be chaos. At present there are barely enough car parks to cope, and they all charge a tenner, very soon that will be £20.

Also I read recently that there will be no guarantees that co op live event won’t avoid clashing with matches, though I think it will only occur 2-3 times a season, that will cause carnage.

Also we need to factor in hundreds of missing on street parking spaces from next season.

Last edited:
To the civil engineers on here

When can we expect to start seeing a structure being built at the North stand?

Will they put a web cam up like the coop thingy?

Thanks

Yes I agree that's not great. Anyway the more that is known from people like your good self the more chance that change will happen.
I’m actually very keen on using the buses, it’s just that they are not set up very well. My main point was guaranteed 45mins (car) vs maybe 90mins (bus) vs sardine can (tram) and that time makes a huge difference for night games when people have jobs. They used to have direct trams from Bury to Etihad - which we used to use - but they got ditched (except for the odd special they put on) so I’m guessing they’re going to stick with routing everyone through the gridlocked city centre for some bizarre reason.

To the civil engineers on here

When can we expect to start seeing a structure being built at the North stand?

Will they put a web cam up like the coop thingy?

Thanks

Around October we will start to see actual structure going up. There's a lot of ground works to do first - both externally and internally and the process for this has already started.

That would be great but won’t work unfortunately. See the tram as an example of what happens with transport operators. City and oakview will need to co invest with the council or when we go to 62k even without other events on there will be chaos. At present there are barely enough car parks to cope, and they all charge a tenner, very soon that will be £20.

Also I read recently that there will be no guarantees that co op live event won’t avoid clashing with matches, though I think it will only occur 2-3 times a season, that will cause carnage.

Also we need to factor in hundreds of missing on street parking spaces from next season.
Lets a extra 7000 will be going on match day, how many will go by taxi from the city centre?

Even 500 is a extra 100 cabs if full.

Thats alot of traffic.

I usually catch a cab about 30 min b4 ko.

Its got worse year on year.

Gonna be chaos

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.