North Stand Expansion

Fair enough that’s what forums are for.

In terms of evidence no smoking gun, just my observations - the general sanitisation of match days, pre match the absurdly loud PA system giving no chance for an atmosphere to grow organically, the heavy handedness of stewards to any kind of boisterousness - I was in 115 last season and the lads in there really put a shift in singing wise but stewards were constantly and needlessly asking them to not encroach on the aisles etc -, then we have the whole issue of the new stand being diluted by corporate areas, away fans being tolerated in home areas etc etc
Welcome to modern footballs. You are pining for something that no longer exists at elite clubs.

Check out Old Trafford last week at the end when thousands of Utd tourists stayed behind to video the City players celebrating with our supporters. Mental - but that’s modern football.

The new stand is going to be filled with tourists and new fans.

I would hazard a guess we will bung in a few budget season tickets for the PR but doubt there will be any significant amount of new season cards issued.

Some tourists are paying more for single ticket ( with a meal included at a local restaurant ) than others are paying for a season ticket. That’s exactly why there won’t be 7000 season tickets in there.

And the Corporate sections are certain. The stand doesn’t get built without them.

A proper home end to me is all of south stand level 2. That includes safe standing, reasonable priced tickets and an area where fans are able to create atmosphere.

You could look at the holte end or the yellow wall for inspiration. We are one of the only clubs without a home end and I think it would make the world of difference to our ground and the atmosphere.
Agree it would be good to move the away fans although they do sometimes gee up our fans because they are so close.
Wouldn’t be surprised if this will eventually happen when North Stand is done.

Agree it would be good to move the away fans although they do sometimes gee up our fans because they are so close.
Wouldn’t be surprised if this will eventually happen when North Stand is done.

It won’t happen because a percentage of away fans have to be next to the pitch. The Rags and the Geordies have got special dispensation for that. Every other PL club and ground has away fans pitchside.

It won’t happen because a percentage of away fans have to be next to the pitch. The Rags and the Geordies have got special dispensation for that. Every other PL club and ground has away fans pitchside.
Didn’t know that. Any particular reason for their exemption or is it the usual convenient “safety” reason?

I absolutely agree there are all types of fans and everyone enjoys the match in their own way and they’re absolutely entitled to do so. By “proper” I just mean a very vocal section that sets the tone and acts as a lead for atmosphere building.

The board have no interest whatsoever in creating a better atmosphere at the expense of revenue. The insidious creep of corporate areas all around the ground is testament to this. The only thing they’ve ever done to contribute positively to an atmosphere is by making a derisory percentage of away tickets available to younger fans but of course this has no impact on our revenue so it was a throwaway gesture really
The fans make an atmosphere not the guys in suits upstairs you clown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.