North Stand Expansion

Surely the last two seasons would be due to the NS expansion plans as they have to temporarily at least move a lot of ST holders?

The 2,000 & 1,000 numbers are obviously just made up numbers as you admit we have no idea either way. I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that they'll make a large proportion of the expanded 2nd tier affordable STs, with probable caveats on them as regards usage. If they don't get used a certain percentage then you'll lose it.
You’re fighting a losing battle sometimes. Some “fans” are determined to criticise the club whatever they do, despite the best 10 years we’ve ever known

Really?? BTW what’s a “proper” home end? I’m sure there will be 20,000 different opinions amongst our fans depending on many things such as:

Length of time they’ve been a ST holder ( - 45 years for me & I have very different view of the club to you)

Personality

Etc etc
I absolutely agree there are all types of fans and everyone enjoys the match in their own way and they’re absolutely entitled to do so. By “proper” I just mean a very vocal section that sets the tone and acts as a lead for atmosphere building.

The board have no interest whatsoever in creating a better atmosphere at the expense of revenue. The insidious creep of corporate areas all around the ground is testament to this. The only thing they’ve ever done to contribute positively to an atmosphere is by making a derisory percentage of away tickets available to younger fans but of course this has no impact on our revenue so it was a throwaway gesture really

I absolutely agree there are all types of fans and everyone enjoys the match in their own way and they’re absolutely entitled to do so. By “proper” I just mean a very vocal section that sets the tone and acts as a lead for atmosphere building.

The board have no interest whatsoever in creating a better atmosphere at the expense of revenue. The insidious creep of corporate areas all around the ground is testament to this. The only thing they’ve ever done to contribute positively to an atmosphere is by making a derisory percentage of away tickets available to younger fans but of course this has no impact on our revenue so it was a throwaway gesture really
There are ways to increase revenue ( which is important)and improve atmosphere also important you seem determined to convince yourself the club don’t want to do both, with no evidence of exactly what they are planning to do. In fact the few titbits of evidence we do have point to them wanting to do just that.

Sorry but disagree strongly. I think the club are working towards improving atmosphere; attendance & encouraging young fans.

The people at the club I’ve spoken to in my time convince me of this.

What evidence do you have for your views - or is it just your opinion??

Sorry but disagree strongly. I think the club are working towards improving atmosphere; attendance & encouraging young fans.

The people at the club I’ve spoken to in my time convince me of this.

What evidence do you have for your views - or is it just your opinion??
Fair enough that’s what forums are for.

In terms of evidence no smoking gun, just my observations - the general sanitisation of match days, pre match the absurdly loud PA system giving no chance for an atmosphere to grow organically, the heavy handedness of stewards to any kind of boisterousness - I was in 115 last season and the lads in there really put a shift in singing wise but stewards were constantly and needlessly asking them to not encroach on the aisles etc -, then we have the whole issue of the new stand being diluted by corporate areas, away fans being tolerated in home areas etc etc

I think this arguement, if there was any truth at all to your assumption of what it will be (there most likely isn't), went well out the window during the home real madrid game.

I.e when everyone went apeshit over the amount of 'tourists' shipped in for pure profit, and it was probably the best atmosphere of the season.

Fair enough that’s what forums are for.

In terms of evidence no smoking gun, just my observations - the general sanitisation of match days, pre match the absurdly loud PA system giving no chance for an atmosphere to grow organically, the heavy handedness of stewards to any kind of boisterousness - I was in 115 last season and the lads in there really put a shift in singing wise but stewards were constantly and needlessly asking them to not encroach on the aisles etc -, then we have the whole issue of the new stand being diluted by corporate areas, away fans being tolerated in home areas etc etc
Ah well. We all have different views & opinions

Really?? BTW what’s a “proper” home end? I’m sure there will be 20,000 different opinions amongst our fans depending on many things such as:

Length of time they’ve been a ST holder ( - 45 years for me & I have very different view of the club to you)

Personality

Etc etc

A proper home end to me is all of south stand level 2. That includes safe standing, reasonable priced tickets and an area where fans are able to create atmosphere.

You could look at the holte end or the yellow wall for inspiration. We are one of the only clubs without a home end and I think it would make the world of difference to our ground and the atmosphere.

Firstly, when the SS was being extended only a small number of people were relocated from the back of SS2. Obviously it's a different build for the NS but I've not seen any reference to thousands of people being moved for that.

We have a different view of how the club are working but I hope that you are right for the sake of all those supporters who currently have no chance of getting a SC. I'd remind you of what the club is capable of though. When renewals opened after COVID they very kindly offered SC holders the option of a Silver Enhanced Ticket Bundle (it wasn't a SC in my view). What they didn't say was that it was a one way trip with no route back to Gold. It was instead sold as an option if you were struggling financially and wanted a cheaper option. That was disgraceful in my opinion. A poster said that he and his wife took the option as they had a lot of expenses with their sick dog but the following season when they tried to go back to Gold they were told it wasn't possible. Another poster said they were assured they could go back to Gold but fortunately they never took up the Silver option.
Wow. Didn’t realise that happened with the silver season tickets. Very sneaky by the club imo. I briefly considered it for a while. Glad I didn’t bother in the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.