North Stand Expansion

Agree. But it will still resemble a single tier to an extent as the lower and upper tiers are next to each other only separated by (digital) advertising hoardings, rather than a physical gap, like at the Etihad. I stand corrected on that. We’ll see when the Coach Wreckers play the Rags.

The Anfield Road Stand tiers are separated by a 15ft high wall. I think it’s just because they’ve painted the wall red that it’s coming across like that to you from the angle of that pic. In reality, no resemblance at all to a single tier.

I’ll try and keep it civil. ;-)

As a comparison to the NS expansion.

All the seats have been installed.

Anfield Road expansion.

2nd tier added.

Additional 7000 seats.

New Anfield capacity, 61,000.

View from the pitch. (click picture to enlarge)

View attachment 100343

It does resemble a single tier in the picture even though it is 2 separate tiers. Whereas the the North stand will still look like two separate tiers.

Let’s be honest. The Anfield Road expansion won’t compare to the North stand expansion in any sense bar a similar increased capacity. It’s a bog standard looking expansion internally.

And where are the screens going to be placed to see the VAR decisions that go in their favour?

Last edited:
Agree. But it will still resemble a single tier to an extent as the lower and upper tiers are next to each other only separated by (digital) advertising hoardings, rather than a physical gap, like at the Etihad. I stand corrected on that. We’ll see when the Coach Wreckers play the Rags.
Ahh!! I see exactly what you mean mate, it's just advertising boards, it does and will look like 1 tier mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrb
Ahh!! I see exactly what you mewan mate, it's just advertising boards, it does and will look like 1 tier mate.
It's not and it won't as pointed out a couple of posts back. There's a red painted high concrete wall below the advertising hoarding at the front of tier two. When full of people with the advertising screens on it'll stand out a lot more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.