North Stand Expansion

I've not read all the postings about this. Received a link to the consultation document and just finished filling it in. On paper it looks great but before they even think about carrying it out they really need to get the transport infrastructure sorted out. I've stressed a couple of times about the seriously dangerous overcrowding on the trams. No matter how often they say they are trying to get people to stay longer, thus staggering leaving times it won't really work, in my humble opinion.

The transport proposals make sense if blues change their matchday habits, but that is unlikely. The idea would be that people come and go at different times. Maybe they stay in the area for a few drinks afterwards, or come earlier to enjoy the facilities. Maybe the family meat up for a meal or stay around the area whilst a few go off to the game and there isn't a max exodus at the final whistle (or 10mins before)!

In theory it works, but it's unlikely to have the impact they wanted. Ideally they could have had a guided busway to and from the area which can avoid the wider traffic, but it seems like we're stuck with improved walking routes and some extra trams/buses which just will not cut it.
All that is fine if local but, when travelling from out of the area 90/100 mins each way for me now, what I need is free parking, fuel is expensive enough without having to walk forever when I get near or fuck about with trams.

The transport proposals make sense if blues change their matchday habits, but that is unlikely. The idea would be that people come and go at different times. Maybe they stay in the area for a few drinks afterwards, or come earlier to enjoy the facilities. Maybe the family meat up for a meal or stay around the area whilst a few go off to the game and there isn't a max exodus at the final whistle (or 10mins before)!

In theory it works, but it's unlikely to have the impact they wanted. Ideally they could have had a guided busway to and from the area which can avoid the wider traffic, but it seems like we're stuck with improved walking routes and some extra trams/buses which just will not cut it.
the elephant in the room is the car as when people journey by car they are less likely to stop for a few drinks etc etc. They want fast and easy access to the ground without a 2 mile hike in poor weather. If there was a will from Manchester Council there would be a way, either through enforcing a fast route to the M60, more park and ride and more trams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.