Oasis reunion

I don’t think it will. They’ll tour and sell merchandise / back catalogues before giving it up for good. It’s one final payday.

I could quite happily be hated by the masses with the Gallaghers’ personal fortunes.

I disagree mate, their working class "Only need cigarettes and alcohol" persona is shot, the people who loved them for it will see them as greedy bastards and the cocky walk in the snug walk just wont wash.

Where before this there was no criticism there will now be plenty, they are already very rich people and for a few extra quid they sold their bragging rights together with a lot of the fans they have had all the way through for a few more shekels.

They just come across as greedy cunts.

I've long viewed Noel Gallagher as a cynical, smug little twerp, all this has just confirmed it.

Not that he cares what people think.
I guess extreme wealth and endless sycophancy does strange things to you. Even if you consider yourself voice of the people.
Or just brings out your inner cnut.

I disagree mate, their working class "Only need cigarettes and alcohol" persona is shot, the people who loved them for it will see them as greedy bastards and the cocky walk in the snug walk just wont wash.

Where before this there was no criticism there will now be plenty, they are already very rich people and for a few extra quid they sold their bragging rights together with a lot of the fans they have had all the way through for a few more shekels.

They just come across as greedy cunts.
They're a Rock band nothing less nothing more. People will either pay to see them or they won’t it’s a choice .Nothing more to it than that. No need to over think it.
Of course one of the reasons for these expensive concerts is it’s the only way for bands to make money these days. They get little from legal streaming of their music not to mention all those getting it for free, because they think it’s okay to steal musicians work.

That they are but think how much they’re both worth.

Money doesn’t make you happy but it makes things far easier in life.

I agree with you mate, it's just that they had that much money already they wont feel the benefit of this windfall at all.

However a quick glance at his wealth (Fair enough it's just google) and Liam is down to his last £4.5 million quid and with his lifestyle that might not be a amount he can retire on.

They should have done another tour like this one but without the scalping of fans and they would have walked off with their bags of cash and reputation as working class bad boys intact.

This will have a big knock-on effect in the music business, The demand for tickets and what people are willing to pay. even for corporate tickets are sold out, Live Music is the way forward and reunion tours by bands will all start popping up
Reunion tours have been all the rage for a while now. Used to be money was made by record sales, now its the other way round.

To be fair Ticketmaster came up with the software and made it available to artists, not sure they make much from it themselves.
It’s not just Ticketmaster that do / offer it.

They do it at Silverstone. We bought early when F1 tickets went on sale and the price we paid was much less than tickets in our stand were being offered for later on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.