Oasis reunion

They're a Rock band nothing less nothing more. People will either pay to see them or they won’t it’s a choice .Nothing more to it than that. No need to over think it.
Of course one of the reasons for these expensive concerts is it’s the only way for bands to make money these days. They get little from legal streaming of their music not to mention all those getting it for free, because they think it’s okay to steal musicians work.

It isn't overthinking it really is it? They sold themselves as something they were not something they are. They effectively lost their social voice and took the money instead. A bit like John Lydon when he got involved in the butter advert, all that great work (And I for one still admire him) and he left a patch on the duvet that people can point at.

When Liam or Noel try to act like a supporting band or get edgy by claiming they lived in a toilet, many people will just turn a deaf ear to them. They could have made a fortune they just didn't have to do it this way they had options.

Back in the day, bands would do a tour to support an album but now it’s vice versa.

Some rapper was on at City on the day of a CL Final (maybe Chelsea) and I walked through the crowds on my way to the pub. Hoodies were on sale at £100+.

They're a Rock band nothing less nothing more. People will either pay to see them or they won’t it’s a choice .Nothing more to it than that. No need to over think it.
Of course one of the reasons for these expensive concerts is it’s the only way for bands to make money these days. They get little from legal streaming of their music not to mention all those getting it for free, because they think it’s okay to steal musicians work.

They are just a rock band, but a great one, which is why so many of us wanted tickets and I paid stupid money for a ticket. Actually my wife and daughter between them agreed to buy the one ticket: I was on my way to West Ham. We wanted three tickets as my daughters wanted to go, so I’ve actually saved money on what I was prepared to pay for three tickets at regular prices.

There will be no lasting impact on Oasis of a bit of dynamic pricing and if they put them more stadium dates on sale tomorrow, with or without some dynamic pricing, they would sell out just as quickly.

It isn't overthinking it really is it? They sold themselves as something they were not something they are. They effectively lost their social voice and took the money instead. A bit like John Lydon when he got involved in the butter advert, all that great work (And I for one still admire him) and he left a patch on the duvet that people can point at.

When Liam or Noel try to act like a supporting band or get edgy by claiming they lived in a toilet, many people will just turn a deaf ear to them. They could have made a fortune they just didn't have to do it this way they had options.
Did they ever have a social voice, I always thought they sold themselves as the last great rock band living a dangerous rock and roll lifestyle.

Did they ever have a social voice, I always thought they sold themselves as the last great rock band living a dangerous rock and roll lifestyle.

I think they did, they always come across as one of the strong voices of the working class, they have commented on the gentrification of football many times before.

That doesn't matter now though because instead of picking up £30 million a piece they've reached over the table grabbed the Chicken and fucked off into the other room to eat it IMHO.

It’s not just Ticketmaster that do / offer it.

They do it at Silverstone. We bought early when F1 tickets went on sale and the price we paid was much less than tickets in our stand were being offered for later on.
Yes I understand that, just that as I understand it Ticketmaster won’t get the extra money from the ticket sale price and the dynamic pricing.As far as I know, could be wrong ,the ticket seller makes their money from the booking fees, and the ticket money goes to the promoter and artist. Then that money is used to pay the venues and all other costs of the tour.

But they're not jobbing musicians playing pubs and academy venues trying to make ends meet, they're both millionaires who've been taking it pretty easy for years and could definitely afford to fund their lifestyles without this reunion. Dropping the ticket prices by a third of what's been asked (£150-ish) would have been a good gesture and Noel would still have been able to recoup his £20m divorce settlement.

Instead they've consented to this "dynamic pricing" bollocks from Ticketmaster and they've pissed a lot of people off. Of course, by the time the gigs come around people will have forgotten because they'll just be excited to see Oasis again, but they will always be pricks for this. Rich pricks, but pricks all the same. All this "man of the people" stuff is an image for the pop industry - a convincing one that made them massive, but not one that's real.

As soon as Oasis made a few bob Noel fucked off to London quicker than you could say Shakermaker and we've ended up in a position where the biggest-selling Manchester album of all time has a front cover that's just a street in sodding Soho. Pops up at London away games when he can get a couple of freebies off City, takes the applause from his £60,000-per-season box seat in the Colin Bell Stand whenever he can be arsed coming up.

They can play a few tunes but they've rinsed their die-hards for no reason and for a few people - not the majority - that'll sting long after Live 25 has concluded. He's a Tory boy, is Noel. Speaks it loudly and proudly and his behaviour makes it obvious. Typical really of a lot of "self made" folk who couldn't give a fuck about those left behind. Him giving the OK to Ticketmaster to charge some people £200 more than others for the same ticket is hardly a surprise.

But they're not jobbing musicians playing pubs and academy venues trying to make ends meet, they're both millionaires who've been taking it pretty easy for years and could definitely afford to fund their lifestyles without this reunion. Dropping the ticket prices by a third of what's been asked (£150-ish) would have been a good gesture and Noel would still have been able to recoup his £20m divorce settlement.

Instead they've consented to this "dynamic pricing" bollocks from Ticketmaster and they've pissed a lot of people off. Of course, by the time the gigs come around people will have forgotten because they'll just be excited to see Oasis again, but they will always be pricks for this. Rich pricks, but pricks all the same. All this "man of the people" stuff is an image for the pop industry - a convincing one that made them massive, but not one that's real.

As soon as Oasis made a few bob Noel fucked off to London quicker than you could say Shakermaker and we've ended up in a position where the biggest-selling Manchester album of all time has a front cover that's just a street in sodding Soho. Pops up at London away games when he can get a couple of freebies off City, takes the applause from his £60,000-per-season box seat in the Colin Bell Stand whenever he can be arsed coming up.

They can play a few tunes but they've rinsed their die-hards for no reason and for a few people - not the majority - that'll sting long after Live 25 has concluded. He's a Tory boy, is Noel. Speaks it loudly and proudly and his behaviour makes it obvious. Typical really of a lot of "self made" folk who couldn't give a fuck about those left behind. Him giving the OK to Ticketmaster to charge some people £200 more than others for the same ticket is hardly a surprise.
I completely agree I wasn’t justifying it. I just don’t think they’ve ever pretended to be anything different. They came from a working class background but they never pretended to represent them or be a band of the people.
So at they end of the day people pay or don’t to see a band,but if they thought it was a band that represented anything or thought they owed anybody anything they never were,and when they play those with tickets probably won’t care but if they have a great time will think it’s worth it and to them it will be.

I completely agree I wasn’t justifying it. I just don’t think they’ve ever pretended to be anything different. They came from a working class background but they never pretended to represent them or be a band of the people.
So at they end of the day people pay or don’t to see a band,but if they thought it was a band that represented anything or thought they owed anybody anything they never were,and when they play those with tickets probably won’t care but if they have a great time will think it’s worth it and to them it will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.