Oasis reunion

Not saying they didn’t use their background when it suited. Rock stars from the beginning have used their backgrounds when they wanted to all the way back to The Who. Doesn’t mean they ever represented them .Look at Daltrey.

Not saying they didn’t use their background when it suited. Rock stars from the beginning have used their backgrounds when they wanted to all the way back to The Who. Doesn’t mean they ever represented them .Look at Daltrey.

Now they are out in the open it seems, rich entitled and not a voice for the underclass.

But as you rightly say, they are rich so they don't give a fuck.

But it was £355 for THAT ticket - bit like when you return something to a shop, it gets refunded at the value you paid not the current value of it (if that makes sense).........

Yea, I get what you're saying. I just feel like this gives resellers a sort of price hike precedent, if you will, in case of any legal recourse that could potentially rear its head "if" any resold tickets are declared null and void.

Yea, I get what you're saying. I just feel like this gives resellers a sort of price hike precedent, if you will, in case of any legal recourse that could potentially rear its head "if" any resold tickets are declared null and void.
Who knows mate - you may well be right.

Just how I think it will be penned.....

The unhappy backlash across social media is growing.

No one has a divine right to go and see anyone, just because they were there at the beginning or a so called bigger fan.
I'm grateful that I got to see Oasis at most of their seminal gigs. I don't begrudge anyone else getting the opportunity now.
The only issue I have is the dynamic pricing. Why not just set the price at 225 and everyone pay the same? The tickets were ridiculously priced at £150.

Judging by that whoppers profile picture it looks like one piss throwing, coked up gorilla won’t be in the crowd so that’s a plus.

Tried and failed to get tickets like many others, disappointed about it but not gutted and won’t begrudge anyone that did get tickets or how much they paid either. The surge pricing is shite, Springsteen did it first (I think) and it caused outcry but not to this level. They aren’t the first to do it and they won’t be the last. This unfortunately is the modern way of selling enormous gigs and reacting to the demand.

Oasis, whether you like them or not have crossed generations. I for one am really happy they are back, they are a huge part of my growing up and the last band I bonded with my Dad over before he passed when I was 11. There will be a huge mixture of sentimentally and nostalgia at those shows, but also massive excitement for a new generation to see them and I think that’s great, they won’t give two shits that some bitter old bastards saw them in the 90s playing top trumps. I saw the Stones for the first time on their 50th anniversary and it was fucking brilliant, every living member played that night and I still buzz off the memory of it even now.

Good luck to Liam and Noel, they can enjoy their retirement, know their kids are sorted forever and they can put to bed the band whenever they choose knowing they gave it another go.

'Real fans'... There's no such thing in relation to music acts. I don't recall ever having, or hearing of, an Oasis season ticket. Someone even suggested that all City season card holders should have been given a 'priority slot' for tickets... What next? Rag fans getting priority for Simply Red tickets?

Some folk rrally are full of their own self-importance. It doesn't matter how 'big' or 'real' a 'fan' you think you are... If you didn't get a ticket, tough shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.