Oasis reunion

Good point about the album cover a page or two back. This is Berwick Street in Soho, London. You can see Sister Ray records in the background.

IMG_2898.jpeg

Reunion tours have been all the rage for a while now. Used to be money was made by record sales, now its the other way round.

Yeah lots of the 1980s groups have done tours again and demand is still very high, But the Oasis reunion has blown everybody away with the demand for tickets at crazy prices and fans willing to pay

This is the new way of making big money because of internet piracy, (Live Music) will be the new judge of how good you are, Oasis's 1 million UK ticket sales are this week's number 1

'Real fans'... There's no such thing in relation to music acts. I don't recall ever having, or hearing of, an Oasis season ticket. Someone even suggested that all City season card holders should have been given a 'priority slot' for tickets... What next? Rag fans getting priority for Simply Red tickets?

Some folk rrally are full of their own self-importance. It doesn't matter how 'big' or 'real' a 'fan' you think you are... If you didn't get a ticket, tough shit.
That was Natalie Pike iirc, and I think she was joking mate ;-)

Yes I understand that, just that as I understand it Ticketmaster won’t get the extra money from the ticket sale price and the dynamic pricing.As far as I know, could be wrong ,the ticket seller makes their money from the booking fees, and the ticket money goes to the promoter and artist. Then that money is used to pay the venues and all other costs of the tour.
I don’t know if Ticketmaster get any sort of cut from the ticket money but they certainly charge enough in fees. I’ve never actually bothered to check if the booking fees vary with the ticket price but they were nearly £30 on my ticket, which must be a very substantial profit margin.

I don’t know who invented dynamic pricing software but no doubt TM need to offer it to clients to stay competitive.

I assume the artist approved it’s use but it could just be down to the promoter.

In a few years they'll be playing Delamere forest
Did you go to the Noel Gallagher gig there a couple of years back? He was brilliant, the best of his solo stuff and some Oasis classics in the second half.

I didn’t bother with even trying for these reunion concerts but I’d go and see him and his band again.

Did you go to the Noel Gallagher gig there a couple of years back? He was brilliant, the best of his solo stuff and some Oasis classics in the second half.

I didn’t bother with even trying for these reunion concerts but I’d go and see him and his band again.
Simple Minds was the last band I saw there

I’ve seen the High Flying Birds a few times.. Brilliant e be every time…

I was at the Knebworth Saturday gig and we’ll be at Murrayfield next year as a family (our eldest lad is away working in July next year so we got tickets for an August show .. We’ll make a week of it by staying in Alnwick

Can’t wait..

I’ve seen the High Flying Birds a few times.. Brilliant e be every time…

I was at the Knebworth Saturday gig and we’ll be at Murrayfield next year as a family (our eldest lad is away working in July next year so we got tickets for an August show .. We’ll make a week of it by staying in Alnwick

Can’t wait..
Alnwick very pleasant too :-)
Enjoy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.