Oasis reunion

No one has a divine right to go and see anyone, just because they were there at the beginning or a so called bigger fan.
I'm grateful that I got to see Oasis at most of their seminal gigs. I don't begrudge anyone else getting the opportunity now.
The only issue I have is the dynamic pricing. Why not just set the price at 225 and everyone pay the same? The tickets were ridiculously priced at £150.
I agree, what annoys me most is that the people who paid £355 are no different to those who paid £150. You shouldn't have to pay double just because you didn't have ten laptops on the go or your online queue ballsed up or whatever. You should either get them at the same price or you don't get any at all.

It also annoys me that the Oasis lads said that buying off touts wouldn't be allowed and it'd all be done fairly. Little did anyone know that the company they have used is a tout itself.

No wonder they've said they'll cancel tickets sold elsewhere because you can absolutely bet that reseller tickets will come on over the next year and they'll be massively over £350 where Ticketmaster and Oasis will get an even bigger cut.

As much as I'd like to see them I'm sort of not bothered now.

Did you go to the Noel Gallagher gig there a couple of years back? He was brilliant, the best of his solo stuff and some Oasis classics in the second half.

I didn’t bother with even trying for these reunion concerts but I’d go and see him and his band again.
NGHFB are great live. Like you say a good mix. Council Skies was a great album. I can only assume he is doing this for money as musically he had no need to do it.

NGHFB are great live. Like you say a good mix. Council Skies was a great album. I can only assume he is doing this for money as musically he had no need to do it.
You could argue that Liam had no need to do it either as he’s been doing very well too. Money will be the big driver for both of them but, money aside, I’m sure they’ll be buzzing about the amount of interest in these gigs.

You could argue that Liam had no need to do it either as he’s been doing very well too. Money will be the big driver for both of them but, money aside, I’m sure they’ll be buzzing about the amount of interest in these gigs.
I don't think it's about the money that much because how many gigs are they doing, 15? And they aren't exactly short. They could easily sell out any stadium in the country or tour for months on end.

Obviously they'll do very well but once everybody has taken their cut they won't earn THAT much in the grand scheme of things.

I still think that they're maybe setting up for something else, new albums or maybe a bigger tour if this one goes well? The question really is can they even get along and tour for a month or two?

I don't think it's about the money that much because how many gigs are they doing, 15? And they aren't exactly short. They could easily sell out any stadium in the country or tour for months on end.

Obviously they'll do very well but once everybody has taken their cut they won't earn THAT much in the grand scheme of things.

I still think that they're maybe setting up for something else, new albums or maybe a bigger tour if this one goes well? The question really is can they even get along and tour for a month or two?
Liam is still working with John Squires new album next year and Noel said he doesn’t want to tour anymore, I can’t see the peace lasting. 16 years is a long time to fall out with your brother the same arguments will rise up again over who is boss

15 gigs with that pair. Thats a lot. And wont make that much money? Got to be kidding

15 gigs with that pair. Thats a lot. And wont make that much money? Got to be kidding
If you think about it, £200 average ticket and the biggest is Wembley, 100,000 with standing? That's £20m a gig max. Take off the venue and promoter cuts and I'd be surprised if they cleared much more than £10m a gig so they'll probably net around £100-£150m which is then shared between them.

To compare, Taylor Swift and Coldplay have grossed over £1bn for their tours. If it was all about the money then they could easily jump onto that level just by doing more gigs here and abroad. I bet Peter Kay has earnt just as much over the years.

Obviously getting along for a long period is going to be an issue for them...

If you think about it, £200 average ticket and the biggest is Wembley, 100,000 with standing? That's £20m a gig max. Take off the venue and promoter cuts and I'd be surprised if they cleared much more than £10m a gig so they'll probably net around £100-£150m which is then shared between them.

To compare, Taylor Swift and Coldplay have grossed over £1bn for their tours. If it was all about the money then they could easily jump onto that level just by doing more gigs here and abroad. I bet Peter Kay has earnt just as much over the years.

Obviously getting along for a long period is going to be an issue for them...
£50m each then. Happy days, no?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.