Oasis reunion

Thing is Ticketmaster own most of the venues, they bought out Live Nation, so they own the venues and the tickets. Obviously they don’t own Heaton Park etc but they own a lot of venues where they rip you off.
Don't know which venues they own,but are their venues more expensive than the other venues they don't own?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Nation_UK, no idea on cost I was listening to a podcast about it and basically how they’d cornered the market particularly in USA
Didn't know about the O2, What I did recently learn about O2 venues,along with others.They charge bands 20% plus VAT,so nearly 25% on all Merch sales. So when you see a £40 T shirt the venue are getting a tenner of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Nation_UK, no idea on cost I was listening to a podcast about it and basically how they’d cornered the market particularly in USA

I work in the events sector.

LN are so successful because of the vertical integration.

The own the venues (Academy / O2 venues here in the uk), the own the ticket agency (Tickmaster), they promote the shows, they even control the secondary market.

From a business standpoint it’s incredible, but yeah, terrible for the consumer. All they give a shit about in the profit margin, couldn’t give a fuck about music fans.

The own the venues (Academy / O2 venues here in the uk), the own the ticket agency (Tickmaster), they promote the shows, they even control the secondary market.

From a business standpoint it’s incredible, but yeah, terrible for the consumer. All they give a shit about in the profit margin, couldn’t give a fuck about music fans.

All they give a shit about is the profit margin………..every company?

Ticketmaster seem to essentially have a monopoly on big gigs in the UK.

Seetickets and Gigsandtours are nowhere near capable of handling tours of this size.

With no alternative, the consumer is getting absolutely fucked.

It needs breaking up, absolutely appalling customer service, sky high prices, an absolutely shit show from the consumer's perspective.

Ticketmaster seem to essentially have a monopoly on big gigs in the UK.

Seetickets and Gigsandtours are nowhere near capable of handling tours of this size.

With no alternative, the consumer is getting absolutely fucked.

It needs breaking up, absolutely appalling customer service, sky high prices, an absolutely shit show from the consumer's perspective.

Gigsandtours is just SJM’s white label of See Tickets - it’s the same ticket allocation and same infrastructure, just when people book through G&T, SJM get money from the booking fees too….

Ticketmaster is by far the biggest ticket agent with the biggest infrastructure. They’re of course owned by live nation so yes they always have the biggest ticket allocation for the massive shows.

The whole industry needs a shake up really. Newer startup ticket agents like DICE have demonstrated it’s possible to run a commercial ticketing operation without ripping people off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.