Oasis reunion

Not that I ever did, but haven't stopped listening to em since I got a ticket. Only none family thing that's ever come close to my love for City. So many songs that just make you feel alive.

Bought the 30th anniversary vinyl today and some great versions on there.

All the haters and naysayers remind me of usual anti City rubbish.

I'm absolutely mad fer em playing and cant wait.

Oh, bugger!

457499188-10160476409357864-5376272675709449805-n.jpg

I don’t know if Ticketmaster get any sort of cut from the ticket money but they certainly charge enough in fees. I’ve never actually bothered to check if the booking fees vary with the ticket price but they were nearly £30 on my ticket, which must be a very substantial profit margin.

I don’t know who invented dynamic pricing software but no doubt TM need to offer it to clients to stay competitive.

I assume the artist approved it’s use but it could just be down to the promoter.
Those booking fees are ridiculous it’s all computerized, it should be per transaction not ticket, and it should be capped, it’s like the standing charge on gas electricity.

If you think about it, £200 average ticket and the biggest is Wembley, 100,000 with standing? That's £20m a gig max. Take off the venue and promoter cuts and I'd be surprised if they cleared much more than £10m a gig so they'll probably net around £100-£150m which is then shared between them.

To compare, Taylor Swift and Coldplay have grossed over £1bn for their tours. If it was all about the money then they could easily jump onto that level just by doing more gigs here and abroad. I bet Peter Kay has earnt just as much over the years.

Obviously getting along for a long period is going to be an issue for them...
If they earn over £50m that would double Noels net worth and obliterate Liams.

I don’t know if Ticketmaster get any sort of cut from the ticket money but they certainly charge enough in fees. I’ve never actually bothered to check if the booking fees vary with the ticket price but they were nearly £30 on my ticket, which must be a very substantial profit margin.

I don’t know who invented dynamic pricing software but no doubt TM need to offer it to clients to stay competitive.

I assume the artist approved it’s use but it could just be down to the promoter.
Found this, quite an interesting read.

"Service charges are added to the face value of concert tickets because two important players in the concert ecosystem – venues and primary ticketing companies – get little or nothing out of the revenues derived from the ticket’s face value. That money goes mostly to the performers, secondarily to cover certain show costs, and if anything is left over to the promoters. So, the practice developed to add a percentage service charge to a ticket’s face value to pay the venue for hosting the event and the primary ticketing company for servicing venues and distributing tickets. The add-on nature of the service fee is annoying to many fans and fuels the narrative that these are junk fees. But they are not junk fees for the simple reason that the venues and ticketing companies have costs associated with the services they provide to help produce the show. They provide value and one way or another will be compensated for it.

Fans are also told that service charges are Ticketmaster’s way of raising ticket prices. In fact, Ticketmaster does not set service charges, venues do, and most of the money goes to the venues. Let’s break that down."

"Service charges are added to the face value of concert tickets because two important players in the concert ecosystem – venues and primary ticketing companies – get little or nothing out of the revenues derived from the ticket’s face value. That money goes mostly to the performers, secondarily to cover certain show costs, and if anything is left over to the promoters. So, the practice developed to add a percentage service charge to a ticket’s face value to pay the venue for hosting the event and the primary ticketing company for servicing venues and distributing tickets. The add-on nature of the service fee is annoying to many fans and fuels the narrative that these are junk fees. But they are not junk fees for the simple reason that the venues and ticketing companies have costs associated with the services they provide to help produce the show. They provide value and one way or another will be compensated for it.

Fans are also told that service charges are Ticketmaster’s way of raising ticket prices. In fact, Ticketmaster does not set service charges, venues do, and most of the money goes to the venues. Let’s break that down."

Interesting, I’ll read the full article later.

Did read yesterday that TM’s bottom line (probably pre tax) was $1B on turnover of $3B, which is very healthy.

Interesting, I’ll read the full article later.

Did read yesterday that TM’s bottom line (probably pre tax) was $1B on turnover of $3B, which is very healthy.
I'm sure it is, they probably employ quite small numbers worldwide. Worldwide though even if they only get ,off the top of my head,£10 on average for each ticket sold it will mount up to billions.

Reactions: OB1

Thing is Ticketmaster own most of the venues, they bought out Live Nation, so they own the venues and the tickets. Obviously they don’t own Heaton Park etc but they own a lot of venues where they rip you off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.