Oasis reunion

Was just about to mention Dice. Going to see Charly Bliss as part of the Pitchfork Festival in London in November and had never come across them before. £22 for three bands at a pretty popular venue - not bad value.

True - though the ticket price has got nothing to do with Dice (or Ticketmaster for that matter)

Dice don’t have anywhere near the level of rip off booking fees though which is why I mentioned them

Surely there are other events that see a similar surge in traffic that don't make you wait 7 hours?

Kim Kardashian's latest selfie, games being released in the run up to xmas etc? I can't ever recall Amazon or Instagram crashing / running exceptionally slow due to sheer volume of traffic.

Surely in 2024 there is a better tech solution than what happened on Saturday.

(I'm not blaming you btw, just interested from someone with knowledge of the industry).

Social media traffic is constant, and global. It’s nowhere near as peaky as ticketing.

The massive technical challenge isn’t the volume of traffic, it’s the fact all the traffic is trying to go to the same page, at the same time. That’ll hammer any server farm on the planet.

So reports that oasis are fuming about prices, well the easiest thing is refund all those that got the £355 tickets, it would be good fir them but a pisser for those like me who refused to pay it. Thing is if they put more concerts on they will have to stop the dynamic pricing

So reports that oasis are fuming about prices, well the easiest thing is refund all those that got the £355 tickets, it would be good fir them but a pisser for those like me who refused to pay it. Thing is if they put more concerts on they will have to stop the dynamic pricing

The PPV scalp is going to be next, the 10 to 2 boys will be minting it in :)

i could imagine Liam being p1ssed off about it but doubt Noel gives a t0ss. Just a very small vox pop on this mornings work call had someone saying they got Edinburgh tickets at face value with only an hours wait, looks like the Heaton Park tickets were the most "in demand" so local fans of the group have paid the highest price with this dynamic thievery.

There has been more than Natalie. It was said regularly earlier on in this thread. I kept reading them out to my missus - another moron reckons City season ticket holders should get first dibs on Oasis tickets again. Mental.

The City season ticket holders getting first dibs (partly jokey as I read it) suggsation isn't that outrageous tbf. Oasis have made such a thing about being City fans, both themselves and the club have used the attachment for PR, both brothers have benefited from getting access to all sorts of perks including the dressing room etc. And using the treble to set the reunion rumours in motion. I don't begrudge or judge it in the slightest, some of it is even 'cool'. And I don't particularly agree with the suggestions City fans should get first pick, but, it wouldn't at all be 'off-brand' with what the image they have built. The 'real fans' less so, but even that based on some of their public proclamations and views put out there is not that wild.

Not arguing it should be the case, but these claims did not appear completely unprompted.

Expect Oasis to show at least 1 PPV concert, possibly the first or last concert.

If the rumour is true that 14mill people tried to buy tickets, the viewing figures on TV for one concert will be huge. Times that by £25 to watch the concert, or whatever Oasis will charge.
They've said it won't be televised, very clearly.

They could backtrack but that wouldn't be cool.

They may of course release something down the line as the gigs will be filmed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.