Oasis reunion

So reports that oasis are fuming about prices, well the easiest thing is refund all those that got the £355 tickets, it would be good fir them but a pisser for those like me who refused to pay it. Thing is if they put more concerts on they will have to stop the dynamic pricing
Which reports mate?

They've said it won't be televised, very clearly.

They could backtrack but that wouldn't be cool.

They may of course release something down the line as the gigs will be filmed.
I'm pretty sure the "it will not be televised" line was a play on this.

Reactions: OB1
Why do you think it took Ticketmaster so long to process the sales on Saturday?

I appreciate demand was high, but you hear of tours selling out in 5 minutes, why did this take 7 hours?

Surely Amazon, Meta or Google could knock up the infrastructure needed to sell tickets and handle the volumes way better than Ticketmaster can? What's stopping them?
The queuing system probably was held externally on AWS or something as otherwise nobody would of been able to buy tickets as the main website would of gone down completely.

They could upgrade the Ticketmaster servers but it would cost hundreds of thousands and then that headroom is redundant 2 days later. As far as they're concerned the tickets sold out on the day so job done.

So reports that oasis are fuming about prices, well the easiest thing is refund all those that got the £355 tickets, it would be good fir them but a pisser for those like me who refused to pay it. Thing is if they put more concerts on they will have to stop the dynamic pricing

If that’s the case they need to have a serious word with their management and agent, because that conversation about ticket revenue is central to the negation on their fee.

There’s no way in earth it won’t have been discussed between the promoter and agent before signing off the deal.

The queuing system probably was held externally on AWS or something as otherwise nobody would of been able to buy tickets as the main website would of gone down completely.

They could upgrade the Ticketmaster servers but it would cost hundreds of thousands and then that headroom is redundant 2 days later. As far as they're concerned the tickets sold out on the day so job done.

Exactly this.

I also refused to pay despite having 4 tickets in my basket. Would piss me off even more if they refunded them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.