Oasis reunion

What I don’t understand about dynamic pricing is why there wasnt gradual increase if that’s the case, why suddenly jump to £355

I’m not sure how it works in their system but it is suspicious. If it was algorithmically driven the prices would’ve been jacked up from the get go, you’d think.

The fact they rose to a specific number several hours later suggests the £300+ price was a predetermined price break when setting the event up on Ticketmaster. Which of course means it wasn’t an oversight, it was by design.

Impossible to know for sure without having access to their system.

I’m not sure how it works in their system but it is suspicious. If it was algorithmically driven the prices would’ve been jacked up from the get go, you’d think.

The fact they rose to a specific number several hours later suggests the £300+ price was a predetermined price break when setting the event up on Ticketmaster. Which of course means it wasn’t an oversight, it was by design.

Their system ?

:)

giphy.gif

They've said it won't be televised, very clearly.

They could backtrack but that wouldn't be cool.

They may of course release something down the line as the gigs will be filmed.

That could be one way of appeasing the fans after the farcical ticket sale.

Regardless of how Oasis try and sell any further tickets for more concerts, the same people who got tickets for the 1st concerts will try and get tickets again. There will never be enough tickets to meet demand, no mater how many concerts Oasis perform.

At least with 1 televised concert millions of Oasis fans will get the opportunity see them play live, albeit on the TV. It will never replace being at the concert, but it’s better than not seeing Oasis play live at all.

i could imagine Liam being p1ssed off about it but doubt Noel gives a t0ss. Just a very small vox pop on this mornings work call had someone saying they got Edinburgh tickets at face value with only an hours wait, looks like the Heaton Park tickets were the most "in demand" so local fans of the group have paid the highest price with this dynamic thievery.
Heaton Park got hit hardest because the whole venue was "cheap" tickets. The other venues already had tickets priced well above 150 quid. They clearly had an idea of what revenue they wanted to generate but didn't have the bollocks to just advertise them all at 200-250 quid so took the shithouse route to boosting the revenue.

Noel can't wriggle out of this one, no matter how much he tries. He's spent years telling everyone how he was the brains of the operation making all the business decisions. This one's on him.

I know it was. What does it matter?

I don't think it does, what people have to decide is have Oasis sold out?

Yup of course they are fully entitled to make money and so they should, but they lose that edge of streetwise up the establishment poser personas they had.

They've said it won't be televised, very clearly.

They could backtrack but that wouldn't be cool.

They may of course release something down the line as the gigs will be filmed.
I’m pretty sure Disney will offer them millions now that they have seen the demand and how many people missed out on tickets.

They have a Taylor Swift concert on the Disney channel and paid her around $75m

i could imagine Liam being p1ssed off about it but doubt Noel gives a t0ss. Just a very small vox pop on this mornings work call had someone saying they got Edinburgh tickets at face value with only an hours wait, looks like the Heaton Park tickets were the most "in demand" so local fans of the group have paid the highest price with this dynamic thievery.
How could you come to this conclusion unless you know them personally?

I think only a certain number of tickets are allocated to be dynamically priced so they would only make those available when the normal priced tickets have gone: no one is going to buy them if the regular priced tickets are still available.

They simply take advantage of what has become a narrow market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.