Oasis reunion

I think credit where it is due, if they put on extra shows and make tickets available only to those that missed out, that shows a level of care worth recognising. How that will work no idea, but happy giving them the benefit of the doubt.

The "extra" shows would always have been planned, and the level of care is just a sop to the backlash.

It's not like they're giving away free tickets. They're selling shows that would have always been planned, dependent on demand, to people who have already shown they're interested.

The "extra" shows would always have been planned, and the level of care is just a sop to the backlash.

It's not like they're giving away free tickets. They're selling shows that would have always been planned, dependent on demand, to people who have already shown they're interested.

Maybe so. But they also don't need to bother trying to sell them to people that missed out, so I stand by what I said. For the time being, at least.

Didn’t realise they weren’t until late September, assumed they’d squeeze them in between the current dates.

A little confusing but I’m guessing it means open first to the people who were unsuccessful in the pre sale ballot last time? Not just people who couldn’t get tickets on the actual day as I’m not sure how they’d figure that out.
It is confusing I did apply for the ballot, shaking as I deleted the Ticketmaster app just looked and it’s still in the email :)

Liam and Noel say they didn’t know about the dynamic pricing looks like me moaning all over social media has paid off. I like to think Ticketmaster did it off there own bat.

Their PR agency has added a but of fluff to that statement but it's basically this: "We think dynamic pricing is shit and it had nothing to do with us. But we're going to keep all the additional money we made from it and make a shitload more from 2 extra dates. Ta."

It is confusing I did apply for the ballot, shaking as I deleted the Ticketmaster app just looked and it’s still in the email :)

Liam and Noel say they didn’t know about the dynamic pricing looks like me moaning all over social media has paid off. I like to think Ticketmaster did it off there own bat.

Plausible deniability ;)

"Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management"

"...prior meetings between promoters, Ticketmaster and the band’s management resulted in a positive ticket sale strategy, which would be a fair experience for fans, including dynamic ticketing to help keep general ticket prices down as well as reduce touting, the execution of the plan failed to meet expectations. All parties involved did their utmost to deliver the best possible fan experience, but due to the unprecedented demand this became impossible to achieve.”

Thirty plus years into a career, where they were one of the biggest bands in the world, and their management and promoters don't know their wishes? Sounds plausible :)

I have my refund cheque (uncashed) still
Might get a few quid for it!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.