Oasis reunion

Oasis have hit out at Ticketmaster's so-called "dynamic pricing", which saw fans pay significantly more than they were expecting for tickets to their shows.

A row erupted over the weekend after many fans were asked to pay as much as £350 per ticket, around £200 more than had been advertised, due to demand.

In a statement issued to PA Media, the band said: "It needs to be made clear that Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management."

They added they had "at no time had any awareness that dynamic pricing was going to be used" in the sale of tickets for the initial dates.

(statement carries on in article)

a 400m tour and they didnt read the contracts properly, yeah that sounds right

It’s great how Oasis are back together half the country queueing for tickets. End extortionate price resale

“When you artificially restrict ticket supply by holding dates back, and then dynamically price tickets for that restricted supply, before going on to announce additional dates... it's hard to see how that demonstrates anything other than contempt for your audience“

COPIED” They are all intertwined and deep connections run from one to another. The industry is corrupt.The future of event ticketing should be fair, honest, and transparent. Everyone agreeing with this should be making a stand for fair ticketing in the events and sports industry!There are alternatives out there that have a clear mission and vision and aim to transform the ticketing industry for the better.For example,
@onopenxyz
has a clear vision based on 4 pillars:1. They believe in transparent ticketing activity2. They believe in transparent revenue flows3. They believe in transparent accounting4. They believe in rewarding those who support the mission of fair & transparent ticketing.All major Dutch artists utilize their technology either themselves or through a ticketeer that integrated the technology. We need more artists like
@edsheeran
or
@RobertSmith
speaking up about it!I believe #onchain is the future of ticketing and it can solve many, if not all, issues present today”

Copy and paste its a corrupt industry set to fleece us

Last edited:
Some very gullible people.
This was always planned, always booked, always part of the “we can’t believe it, we’ll do some extra gigs “ bollocks.
Save your ire, save your energy, save getting giddy; there’ll be plenty more gigs a coming. There always were.

I make you right. They are making eyes at visitors to NY Times Square.
I notice they haven't offered to refund the difference between teh surge pricing and the presale quoted prices. My thought is it would indicate just how many tickets were sold dynamically.

This Man City range being launched and Noel's extravagant non-Poznan at Fulham. This has been in the works for months.

They can do what they want - but just own it and stop this sham PR.

Some very gullible people.
This was always planned, always booked, always part of the “we can’t believe it, we’ll do some extra gigs “ bollocks.
Save your ire, save your energy, save getting giddy; there’ll be plenty more gigs a coming. There always were.
They are now up to 7 Wembley shows.

Hard to believe they won't want to smash Taylor Swift's record.

The Independent is reporting that the Saudi's want them to reunite for the Joshua V Dubois fight on September 21st, as Liam is already set to play it. I don’t think so

I think they will add more dates I’m trying to be positive but by not including Glasgow Birmingham Liverpool has added to this debacle.
What about Newcastle and Leeds? Aberdeen, Southampton? Belfast?

a 400m tour and they didnt read the contracts properly, yeah that sounds right
Do you honestly believe artists sit and read contracts? Believe me when I say this, the best they will get is a ‘read through’ from a lawyer which is the equivalent of watching / listening to paint dry. I’ve been in enough of those over the years to know that most artists are sat on their phones whilst it’s happening and are literally there to hear how much and when they get it.

All these concerts & extra concerts? to be honest I think they are going to struggle to get through one concert before falling out again :-)

Do you honestly believe artists sit and read contracts? Believe me when I say this, the best they will get is a ‘read through’ from a lawyer which is the equivalent of watching / listening to paint dry. I’ve been in enough of those over the years to know that most artists are sat on their phones whilst it’s happening and are literally there to hear how much and when they get it.
I can understand a young band not reading or understanding a contract.Any artist that's been in the business as long as them that don't know the ins and outs of contracts and ticket sales,and the costd to fans are at best negligent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.