Oasis reunion

I’d imagine these extra gigs announced on Wednesday at Wembley weren’t reserved in advance, when was the last time there was an outdoor stadium gig in the UK at the end of September?

It’s going to be dark by 7ish and likely chilly too, and supposedly after a rumoured tour of North America too.

Having been to watch Stone Roses at Heaton Park about 100m from the stage to bad sound quality in a mud sodden field I made my mind up there and then I wouldn't see another gig there. Only seen Oasis once at Maine Road with Manics and Ocean Colour Scene and that was enough for me. Oasis were at their peak and it was one of the best gigs I've been to. I'm almost an FOC now and I'm quite happy for a younger fan to attend than me.

lived the dream

You can never recreate the past and think you are getting Oasis with this reunion
What have they written that we all haven't heard before, Peaked and then left Manchester for the so-called good life and the bright lights down south,

Noel got to showbiz and selfies with the stars and sort of became the person he once hated.
Liam still managed to gig the Oasis songs But again became a Londoner and a smart-arse.

Once you have enough money and are not hungry you become what you once hated filthy rich, the normal council estate lads rebelling against the system, Now they asking the same people (fans) they left behind to hand over crazy money to keep them comfy in that lifestyle once more,

lived the dream

You can never recreate the past and think you are getting Oasis with this reunion
What have they written that we all haven't heard before, Peaked and then left Manchester for the so-called good life and the bright lights down south,

Noel got to showbiz and selfies with the stars and sort of became the person he once hated.
Liam still managed to gig the Oasis songs But again became a Londoner and a smart-arse.

Once you have enough money and are not hungry you become what you once hated filthy rich, the normal council estate lads rebelling against the system, Now they asking the same people (fans) they left behind to hand over crazy money to keep them comfy in that lifestyle once more,

load of bollox that

Noel diverted from the Oasis sound, formed his band, had huge successful Number 1 Albums and toured the World. Liam smashed it solo aswell, Number 1 Albums, massive gigs including Knebworth.

Not hungry?! Both worked tirelessly since leaving Oasis and both proven to be fine solo artists.

They have played Heaton Park, multiple times before.

That was a nightmare even handed the money back for a gig, But this is different 80.000 for a start, Then add the crazy demand for tickets and Millions are left angry, Heaton Park is asking for trouble

load of bollox that

Noel diverted from the Oasis sound, formed his band, had huge successful Number 1 Albums and toured the World. Liam smashed it solo aswell, Number 1 Albums, massive gigs including Knebworth.

Both worked tirelessly since leaving Oasis and both proven to be fine solo artists.

Both would not have a solo career without Oasis, Simple it put them on the map and gave them a fan base for their solo careers, It's the same with the fans of The Beatles and The Jam and Weller without their Bands I don't think a solo career happens,

load of bollox that

Not hungry?! Both worked tirelessly since leaving Oasis and both proven to be fine solo artists.

Noel and Liam could release solo Nursery Rhythms albums and Oasis fans would buy them, That is the Oasis effect

Noel and Liam could release solo Nursery Rhythms albums and Oasis fans would buy them, That is the Oasis effect
Blue Hammer makes some valid points I think. Although I haven't heard their solo album tracks that don't get airplay I like quite a lot of their singles tracks, but I get your point about the Oasis effect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.