Oasis reunion

I'd love to see them but the last time I went to Heaton Park for the Stone Roses, it was a case of being stood in a shit field with bottles of piss being thrown about.
Toilets made it like a swamp and it sounded shite unless you were near the front.

I'll pass but it's cool to see them back together.
I’ve been to a few open air gigs and never enjoyed one. The sound is just lost to the sky.

I don’t even really like stadium gigs that much. The stands and roof hold the sound in a bit. Only thing is, those stands and rooves, with the speakers dotted about, make the sound bounce around the stadium so you hear your nearest speaker first, then other speakers within split seconds of each other - plus 60,000 people belting songs out at the top of their voices - so it sounds shite.

Unfortunately, they’re never going to do 200 nights at the Ritz.

A former colleague of mine was a guy called Nigel Crossthwaite, he was on guitar and vocals for a couple of Blackpool bands, Pink Torpedoes and Sick 56, played the Blackpool festival quite a few times, have you ever seen them there?

He was a Project Manager at work, I went to a Pistols gig with him in Manchester in the early 200'0's, he turned up with green hair, a ripped tee shirt, red jeans and boots that came up to his calf's. Plus the obligatory tattoos that he kept covered up at work when he usually wore a suit with shirt and tie.

He was a mate of Charlie Harper, his elderly neighbour said to him one day, "there's a man with green hair been knocking on your door, I nearly called the police" Nigel said "don't worry, it's only Charlie my mate, he's inside the house having a brew with Mrs C". Punk Rockers giving it large, UK Sub still doing gigs and Charlie Harper is 80 years old now.

Edit: Nigel was also in a band called One Way System with the brother of former boxer Tracey Couch, just went in line to see if I could find any of their music and had completely forgotten about them, it was 20 years ago and I'm a FOC!
Great post mate. I have to confess, I'm not familiar with the two bands you mention though there's every chance I've seen them, albeit in a drunken stupor! Kudos to your mate for knowing Mr Harper so well though, frankly, Charlie is such a friendly bloke, it doesn't surprise me at all. Incidentally, I was privileged to watch the UK Subs again this year (pretty much a permanent fixture at Rebellion) and can report they knocked it out the park yet again, proving that age is no barrier.

A great piece of nostalgia for us who saw them in their pomp.

They made our club cool when we were shite. Only fair we should return the favour and help them out as a thank you.

If they could licence their logo to put on this season's city shirts as well or release a copy of the famous retro shirts I'd deffo get one.
I think Franny turned down the offer from Noel to do that in the 90s

I'd love to see them but the last time I went to Heaton Park for the Stone Roses, it was a case of being stood in a shit field with bottles of piss being thrown about.
Toilets made it like a swamp and it sounded shite unless you were near the front.

I'll pass but it's cool to see them back together.
Roses were a lot better at the etihad to be fair to them, but I totally get what you mean regarding heaton park awful venue

We’re all wearing this to Heaton Park. I take it all back:

OasisDefinitelyMaybealbumcover.jpg

1%20man%20city%20fourth%20kit.jpg

Luckily, it already looks like it's had numerous pints of piss chucked over it, so nobody will be able to tell at the gig...

I have seen them 7 times

1996 Maine Rd – I had just turned 15 and it was my first gig. It’s still the best gig I’ve ever been to. They were the biggest band in the world at the time and it felt like the eyes of the whole world were on Maine Rd that day.
2000 Reebok
2001 Apollo
2022 Lancashire CCC
2022 Sydney
2005 Etihad
2009 Heaton Park

The 2009 gig at Heaton Park was good but it felt like they were running out of steam at that point and it wasn’t a huge shock or even a disappointment when they split up later that year. If you would have told me then that they would generate this much attention 15 years later I wouldn’t have believed you. My mate is in a covers band, performing gigs all over Greater Manchester and the most requests he gets are Oasis and it’s from kids in their late teens & early 20s. They have certainly stood the test of time and fair play to them.
Maine road was epic mate!! the best I’ve ever seen them, remember hearing them at knebworth I was that far away I could barely see them!!

A great piece of nostalgia for us who saw them in their pomp.

They made our club cool when we were shite. Only fair we should return the favour and help them out as a thank you.

If they could licence their logo to put on this season's city shirts as well or release a copy of the famous retro shirts I'd deffo get one.
I actually had that same thought but then thinking about Ed Sheeran sponsoring Ipswich, it's cringey as fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.